Monday, August 27, 2012

When it all started

Feb 6th :
Kevin and  have been married almost 5years and all we hear is when are you going to have a baby. My mom is the worst, in a good way, she wants a grandbaby so bad. she jokes about it all the time but she knows we are smart for wanting to wait until kevin graduates which will be this December! This week was the first week Kevin and I really started to discuss our plans for this year as far as expanding our family. I remember we were driving somewhere and talked about how he will be graduating this year. Lord willing.  We talked about how we didn't want to have a baby until he had graduated but wanted to go ahead and start trying this year so we would have one early next year. My biggest concern was  what if we can't get pregnant or that it may take a long time. We knew we would have to trust God and know that he will provide. It made me very excited that we were talking seriously and on the same page.


Sometime later in February:
There were a lot of factors that played into when exactly we would get off birth control. For instance i didn't want to be huge and pregnant during the summer, it would be so hot. And i know i will be a terrible pregnant person to be around and i apologize daily in advance to kevin for it. we also wanted to try to find a month where we don't have any family birthdays already but thats hard when you come from a family like both of ours so this wasnt as big of a deal but something we did think about. Some of the major factors were; not being pregnant or at least knowing before my brothers wedding in July. it's their big day and I didn't want to take away from them. I have another wedding in November so I don't want to be too pregnant and worry about the dress not fitting but we found out the dress was sized like XS S M L and the size i would get not pregnant would be the same if i was just in my first trimester. Another big thing was I  wanted to be able to know what the gender would be before Christmas.  Sounds silly but i knew our moms would be so excited about having a new grandbaby and would love to go shopping for him/her. Another factor is We go to the lake house the first week in july and knew we wouldn't be able to keep it a secret from our friends for a whole week if we had just found out. We came up with coming off birth control in may but would still play it safe until around June that way we still wouldn't know until middle of July. I even pulled up one of those calendars to see how far along we would be at certain points throughout the year. Weird I know but it was nice to have an Idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment