July 10th
Last night was Kevin and his twin's birthday so we had a huge family dinner at their house, we could have told everyone at once but didn't want to tell anyone other than our parents until we went to the doctor, so nothing was said. I had texted my mom on Monday and said lets do wings at your house tomorrow. (we always eat wings with them so nothing out of the ordinary) mom said she didn't feel like wings and my sister is in town working at the mart and they said she wouldnt be home early enough for dinner so maybe another time. I was thinking to myself, no we are coming to your house! So I texted her back and said well we need to come over and get the stuff we left when we went out of town and show them wedding pictures and video we took (Kevin was videographer for the wedding). She said that's fine so we were back on track and it ended up that we did eat wings but as they were cooking we were all talking in the kitchen (my sister got home early) so it was the 5 of us and i was ready to tell the news and my dads phone rings, uh... My heart was beating so fast at this point anxious to tell them I answer it and it was my brother Mitch with a question about something at home depot so i answered it and hung up and kept the phone so if it rang again I could hit ignore. Finally I turn to my mom and dad and said "I think I have a rash or eczema again on my stomach"(side note randomly a few months ago I got this rash that ended up being eczema, this was my IN to show them my stomach) and I lift up my shirt to show them and on my stomach Kevin had written in a speech bubble "will you be my grandparents" they were shocked!!!! My dad's face was priceless he literally was shocked and i dont think we have ever surprised him that much. My mom just started screaming "No way no way" balling....my poor sister Nina had no clue what was going on bc she was behind me and didn't see it, she thought I had some awful disease. You can see the video we took of it all going down Here It was so awesome we were able to surprise them, they had no idea we were trying and they were so excited. It was a great feeling.
July 11th
We finally got a chance to tell Kevin's parents, Kevin called and said we were on our way home from church and had some tool we needed to bring back to them so we would stop by. We went inside to say hi and Kevin kept asking how was your day blah blah blah I was thinking hurry up already my heart is pounding with excitement again. Finally he said "hey we have a question for both of you, starting in march of 2013 we need a couple of grandparents for our new addition" and their faces were also priceless and full of excitement. It was so fun and I am so glad we finally got to tell them. My first doctors appointment is set for Tuesday July 17th and if my calculations are right I will be 6 weeks this Friday July 13th. Once we go to the doctor to verify this is all true we will announce it to all of our siblings and then September is when we will officially announce it. (obviouly with you reading this now you know we couldnt wait until september.)
No comments:
Post a Comment