Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Lillian's 44th Week

I realize I may have gone overboard with similar pictures here but she kept making difference faces

44 weeks old!


We started off so happy and smiling

started to get sleepy eyes

This is her frustrated face, she tightens up and shakes because she is not getting what she wants

Then she was over it and ready for a nap. But look how cute she is when she is upset. And you can see her two little teeth.

Eating: We did well this week. I was out of town from Thursday until Monday of this week so she ate really well at Nana and Papa's house. When she nurses she'll only eat about 5 oz but with a bottle sometimes she do more so she gets more throughout the day and slept way better for them. We did try whole milk twice this week. Once before I left for Texas and she liked it but had a hard time with the sippy cup. So I didn't want my parents to have to worry about it and we tried again Monday and Tuesday when I got back and she great with it. We ended up getting a couple different sippy cups and so far she does the best with the take and toss. She sucks and sucks and then her mouth is full so then she swallows but instead of just stopping her suck on it she pulls away so she sometimes dribbles some milk out of her mouth. Tuesday Jan. 21st was the first time we actually skipped her 3:00 nursing feeding and only did whole milk (4oz but she only drank about 2oz) and blueberries and a cheese stick. She LOVED the blueberries and did well biting on the cheese stick but never chewed or swallowed it. She ended up spitting all the cheese back out. 

Sleeping: Like I said she slept great at my parent's house. She would go down between 7:30-8pm and wake up at 7am. I think they said she woke up once at 5 but by the time my mom got in to get her she was already back asleep. I'm not sure how her naps went there but must have been good enough because they said she was happy most of the time. She did get fussy whenever I facetimed her because I think she was confused she could see and hear me but not touch me. I also dropped her 3rd nap this week. She never really needs it except on Sundays because with church she never gets her morning nap and we have small groups at night so we let her get a quick catnap in before then. 

Other Happenings:
- So I decided I'm not going out of town again because I came back to Lillian saying "dadadada". She says it all the time so I'm not positive she is actually saying Dada but Kevin sure loves hearing it. If I try to get her to say Momma she just smiles up at me then snuggles into my chest. 
- Before I left she was standing up holding on to things great and when I got back she was walking along the couch. She would barely takes steps before unless we held her hands and leaned her forward. I was only gone 4 days and she grew up!
-Her clothing size varies. She is wearing 12 month sleepers and some shirts/outfits but her little legs are still to short for 12 month pants so she is in 9 months. In the pictures above she is wearing a 12-18 month shirt and 3-6 month pants. And the pants fit her great. And her feet are about a 2 and smaller 3's.
- Lillian loves to help buckle her car seat, she'll pull out the bottom lock for me to put the side clips in, she also wants to hold her spoon herself. 
- Speaking of car seat she has also started pulling the chest bar down. I always make sure I have it tight and pulled up to her armpits and when I got to get her out she has slid it down a good inch or so. 
- Kevin noticed Lillian understands when we get on to her for doing something she shouldn't. He said if he was holding her and she would grab for something on the table he would say "eh eh" (like no no) and she stopped and would just lay her head on his shoulder like she knew she wasn't suppose to do that and be all sweet to Daddy. I tested it and she wasn't doing anything but I was holding her and say eh eh and she laid her head on my shoulder too. lol. (I know that's bad because she wasn't doing anything wrong but I just had to test it out)
- When we are at someone else's house she finds the outlets and loves to touch them. We say no no and she crawls away super fast because she knows not to touch. We don't have that problem at our house because its so small and we only have like two outlets per room and they are usually behind some piece of furniture with something plugged in.
- I mentioned on Facebook she has a diaper rash, still does but it is not nearly as bad. I got lots of advice on what to use but was overwhelmed because there were like 20 different products suggested. I ended up just doing what a dermatologist friend recommended which was warm paper towels instead of wipes and Vaseline. It is looking way better (doesn't seem to hurt her anymore either) and I try to change it more often if I notice she has pooped.

No comments:

Post a Comment