Thursday, January 9, 2014

Lillian's 42nd Week

42 WEEKS OLD!




Sleep: Lillian woke up from naps a couple times this week and would wake in the night a few times as well, I assume from teething. If I gave her Motrin before bed she usually did okay. I think it also has to do with her not getting enough calories in the day because her naps are only an 1-1.5hrs instead of closer to 2 or more.

Eating: Lillian is eating well but I don't think she is eating as much. I had to pump twice this week and both times I could only get out about 5-6 ounces. I have been researching weaning her from nursing but I'm not ready yet but I guess she is since she isn't requiring as much. I'm hoping to make it 2 more months to get out of flu season. I have to note she has never bitten me while nursing but this month she has started pinching me. And trust me it hurts.

Teething: We are in a wonder week and teething period for sure. Lillian was very fussy this week. She'd cry if I wasn't holding her then squirm around if I was. Here are the signs they have for this wonder week, the 7th "leap" as they call it:

"In general, your baby will show the same characteristics with this leap as he did while making former leaps. However, the way in which he does that will differ from before. For instance, he will show more attachment behavior, but not in the literal way he used at an earlier age. Now, he will keep an eye on you more, stay close to you, and will regularly come to you to sit on your lap; as if to "refuel mommy or daddy." On the other hand, it might be he starts screaming if you leave the room. However, some babies like the old-fashioned way and literally cling on to you. No matter which form your child chooses to manifest this behavior, give him what he asks for. This way you help him by making the leap easier for him and also for you!
Other signs and symptoms of this leap:
  • Your baby is angry when you put him down;
  • Plays with emotions, such as naughty or nice, to get your attention (does that "not knowingly!")
  • Sits quietly, daydreaming;
  • Often sucks the thumb;
  • Cries more often, is cranky, grumpy or moody;
  • 'Chats' less;
  • Is whining more often."
Yeah I'd say that is dead on. Unfortunately this leap lasts for a few weeks but at least we know there will be a calm before the next storm.

Other Happenings:
- We stayed inside a lot this week. Monday it was the coldest weather I remember ever being in. The high was like 15 degrees and at one point I think my phone said it was 5 degrees outside. That is pretty cold for us southerners.
- New Years happened this last week. Lillian stayed up until 8pm so she did not get to watch the ball drop. It was my first time being in the central time zone so we didn't get to watch the ball drop live. I was thinking we would watch it at 11pm cst and again at midnight but the tv stations black it out until midnight. We did have a fun night ringing in the new year with our friends Jordan and Erin and I finally got to meet Erin's family. They are as wonderful as Erin is and make you feel like you have known them your whole life.
- We are always trying to capture memorable moments of Lillian via a camera or video camera. Daddy took this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=1xx1M9ry_-8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D1xx1M9ry_-8%26feature%3Dyoutu.be so you could see how happy she is when he walks in the door from work. As soon as she hears the door open she bolts off through the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment