Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Lillian's 14th Week


 14 Weeks old!


Love her smiles so much so today we took extra photos


This is the blanket that Nena (Kevin's mom) made for her. I love it because it's not pink :) and it's a great keepsake


She is so happy, I think she liked how soft the blanket was because she kept rolling around in it


Nursing: We are doing great however I was a little sore on Monday. I think it is because I pumped for the majority of the weekend while we were out of town for my brother's wedding. I had so much milk I ended up freezing 24 ounces but I feel like when I nurse her I don't get as full. She was eating every 3 hours last week. 

Sleeping: She has been continually sleeping through the night still even while we were out of town and she had to sleep in the car and her pack n play. It has been wonderful to not have to get up and feed her at night,  I don't even get up to pump which I probably should but my bed is just so comfy. She does occasionally still wake up during the night and i have to re-swaddle her or put a paci in to get her back to sleep but it literally takes me 2 minutes and I usually fall back asleep easily as long as the stupid birds are quiet. Apparently all birds in Alabama are owls because they are making noise all night. Lillian has always had a harder time going down after her evening feeding more so now than ever. Yesterday she may have slept 20 minutes. I read that this may be the time she drops that nap so this coming week we will try not having that nap and feed at 5:30 then 8:30 then down for bed. 

Other Happenings:
- Mommy has been shedding her hair like a golden retriever
- Lillian is still in size 1 diapers
- We switched her over to her bigger swaddle this week. Can anyone tell me why this one has a hole in the booty?
- She has a looong torso and short little legs. I put some pants on her the other day and they were way too big but were size 0-3 months. Her other 3 month clothes fit her fine but her 3 month onesies are too small so we are using 3-6 month onesies but no 6 month clothes yet. 
- She is sitting up propped up against something. She still leans forward so not sitting on her own yet.
- She is sooo close to rolling over still. she goes from her belly to her side but doesn't make it all the way over. You can see a video here of her almost rolling over and also playing with her toys that hang above her on her playmat. 
- We added a few new states that Lillian has now traveled to, Oklahoma and Arkansas. We were going to Oklahoma for my brother's wedding. It was a 10 hour drive and took us about 11. I think that is pretty good to only have to add an extra hour to a trip with a 3 month old in the car. Lillian did well on the way there but had a hard time sleeping for her whole naps. she is a light sleeper for naps. On the way back she did awesome! We rented a Chrysler Town and Country mini van and road with my parents and brother. We surprisingly had tons of room and storage in that vehicle. I still refuse to buy a mini van but it had some great features.  We also had a really nice hotel room. We stayed at the Wingate by Wyndham. It was huge and had plenty of space for our luggage and Lillian's pack n play. Our room had a king bed, pull out couch, microwave and small fridge. I was so happy when I saw the fridge because now I wouldn't have to dump out the extra milk i had been pumping! They also had a continental breakfast which is my favorite. We traveled a lot as a kid and i always loved when we stayed somewhere that had breakfast because it gave you so many options; cereal, fruit, oatmeal, pastries, bagels, juice, and waffles. The only bad part about the hotel was our room was one that opens to another so that door was paper thin and some old guy next door to us was so loud watching the NBA finals at 10:30 at night.
- She is not a big fan of her car seat right now because she was stuck in it for so long this weekend. They need a better design for those things too. Every time I pulled her out her poor backside was so sweaty, it needs a vent. lol
- We took the infant sling out of the bath tub this week. I should have done it sooner she was hanging out. 
- She still is sucking on her hand, I've noticed its only her left hand and I caught her on video. She is such a good baby already obeying what mommy says.

Here are two more pictures from this week. My brother the day of his wedding had time to play with his niece.



Lillian with her great-PawPaw


No comments:

Post a Comment