We left Friday morning very early, 5:30 am to get on the road and miss any morning rush hour traffic in Nashville. The drive was not too bad at all. We packed our own lunches and a few snacks. I pumped in the car and fed Lillian a bottle then would stop to burp and change her. I think the whole trip only took about 9 hours. She did very well in the car no fussing a all but she didn't sleep as long like she normally would when we go back to Georgia. It was a good road trip and Lillian has now been to the following states; Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio. I like to keep track because growing up we traveled a lot and I lost count of all the states I had been to before I even graduated high school but I know it's probably 75% of the states if not more. Maybe Lillian will appreciate it if I keep track for her.
Friday was mainly a travel day but once we got to our hotel in Toledo we rested while we waited for everyone else to arrive. Lillian finally got to meet some of her cousins.
We love these kiddos!
Saturday we woke up and went to breakfast at Bob Evans. I had never heard of it before. For all you other southern folks I would describe it as like IHOP. Very big and delicious pancakes. This was again an interesting experience because we now had 23 of us sitting at one long table. Later that morning since we were all so full of food from breakfast we decided to go burn some calories at the park. By this point it had gotten a little warmer out and the sun was shining. So nice to get some fresh air. Unfortunately this was when mommy had her "first time mom" epic fail moment. I guess because it was so cool that morning I didn't even think about it but I forgot sunscreen and even though we were only there for maybe an hour poor Lillian got sunburned on half of her face. :( it could be worse but I still felt bad. After the park we came back to the hotel to get showered and a few of us girls went shopping at the antique mall behind the hotel then took naps until dinner.
For dinner the whole Kanzelmeyer clan got together at a banquet hall in the retirement community where Kevin's grandparents live. We had good food and conversation and grandma had a special activity for us all to participate in. She brought in boxes of hand bells and each one was a certain color. She had some cards in her hands and told us when we saw our color we had to ring the bell. There was also some background music playing and we started ringing. the song we are playing is "Its a small world after all" It was so neat, although half way through I look down at Lillian and she has this look of terror on her face. Poor thing had no idea what as going on and it was pretty loud. It was cool how well it went and how easy it was. They said it's the perfect game for kids ages 5-95!
Sunday we woke up and enjoyed breakfast together in the hotel conference room. Someone had gotten together a bunch of typical breakfast foods, cereal, donuts, cinnamon rolls. (this is why breakfast is my favorite meal of the day). We decided to go see Lake Erie since it was so close. It was a nice day, a little cold but awesome. We of course took lots of pictures.
After Lake Erie we headed back for one last meal with the whole Kanzelmeyer clan then Kevin and I headed to Nashville to visit my family and spend memorial day with them. Post to come.
Our niece and nephews were so excited to be at the "beach"
Cutie Amaleia
Rare picture of me and the hubby
Family Pic! Lillian wasn't a fan of the bright sun.
On the way to the lake we saw a huge windmill. Guess its hard to tell how big it is in the picture but it was pretty cool.After Lake Erie we headed back for one last meal with the whole Kanzelmeyer clan then Kevin and I headed to Nashville to visit my family and spend memorial day with them. Post to come.



No comments:
Post a Comment