We had an awesome weekend spending time with our bible class from back in Atlanta up in Baxter, TN at Centerhill Lake. This is a great group of people and we were so happy we got to see them all again and hangout the whole weekend. One of the couples, the AMAZING Scott and Jessica Wood, have a house up on the lake and knew one of the neighbors had two houses that they let us rent. There was a total of 10 families, 20 adults, and 18 children elementary age and younger. We had a blast! We got up there late morning on Friday and spent the whole day on the lake riding the seadoos and tubing and skiing both Friday and Saturday. I made sure Lillian was covered head to toe in sunscreen and still kept her under the umbrella the whole day. Unfortunately I didn't do as well of a job applying sunscreen to myself and I got burned a few places but luckily not to bad. I think it was because I used a spray instead of lotion because after I applied Lillian's lotion sunscreen to her I must have wiped my hand on my shoulder because I have three finger marks in the middle of a sunburned spot. Lol.
Saturday I ended up taking Lillian out on the boat even though I said I wasn't going to before. They had an infant life jacket and once I saw how well if fit her I felt a little better about going out. And I'm glad we went because she LOVED the boat. One of her best naps was taken while riding on the boat. Plus she looked super cute in her life jacket, her cheeks were all squished and all you could see sticking out of the life jacket were little hands and feet. Sooo cute.
Kevin's cheesy tank top but check out those guns!
First time at the Lake
We had awesome dinners both nights but on Saturday night a couple of moms came up with the idea to buy small coke bottles and tie these ties around them as Father's Day gifts and the kids for each family gave the coke bottles to their dad and said something they loved doing with their dads. It was sweet an Lillian even got to give her daddy one and said "thank you for changing my stinky diapers."
We also did s'mores around the fire pit and the kids played with sparklers. Everyone was so helpful with Lillian the whole weekend.
Here is a group picture of the kids and then one of all of us. We love this group of people that God blessed us with. Can't wait to get together again.
So much fun!
ReplyDelete