Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Lillian's 12th Week

This was not our best week yet but still thankful for this precious healthy baby girl.

Nursing: The last few days of this week Lillian would only nurse on one side. She especially had a difficult time at her last two feedings of the day eating long enough. What I would end up doing is feeding her on one side and feeding her a small bottle. Then I'll pump the other side. I think my milk supply has also been decreasing slightly. I've been trying to drink more water to help and pump after each feeding if I feel like there is anything left. I was getting really frustrated when I couldn't get her to feed on the second side. I tried not to take it out on her so I would put her down to calm myself. When I went to pick her up again she would have a huge smile on her face. How could I stay frustrated long with that sweet smile.

Sleep:  The 45 minute intruder has come upon us. This is when she will wake up within 45 minutes of going down for her nap. It generally happens during her evening naps. Other than that she sleeps great during the day. Her first nap after her 7am feeding is her best nap. She goes right to sleep. Night time she was still waking around 2-3 to eat. Then Sunday night and Monday night my sweet girl finally slept from 10pm-7am. She did wake up both nights around 3:30 but all I did was put her paci back in and I moved her from her crib to her swing. She sleeps great in that swing. Having her sleep through the night makes those frustrating evening feedings a little more bearable.

Other Happenings:
- Still spitting up quite a bit and giving the gas drops
- Lillian is a big talker now. We have full out conversations after her feedings. Her facial expressions are so  cute and then she'll furrow her eyebrows and go into a serious conversation like she is telling me, "mom my diaper is full and if you don't change me soon i'll get a diaper rash."
- She has been making spit bubbles a lot and drooling.
- Lillian loves it when you sing to her. I told Kevin to sing to her and he sang Johnny Cash Walk the Line and she could have cared less but when he sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star she sang along with him. Although her version is more like "coo ahh goo coo" :)
- Still not a fan of tummy time but will do really well for the 5 minutes or so I make her do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment