Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Lillian's 15th Week

Happy Early 4th of July!

15 Weeks Old



Nursing: Lillian had some trouble this week nursing. She would only eat for about 6 minutes on one side then didn't seem to care at all to eat on the other. She would look up at me and smile like she was all done. Knowing that just 6 minutes wasn't enough to give her a full feeding I would give her a bottle and she would eat it fine. She was also very fidgety when she nursed. Her morning feedings she ate great and were her longest feedings. The only thing I can assume is causing this is my milk supply is too low, and is too much work for her to get a full feeding. I have tried eating oatmeal, drinking LOTS more water, eating more calories, to help increase the supply but doesn't seem to be helping.

Sleep: I can only chalk up this week to being a milestone/growth spurt week and getting full feedings. Looking back through my past weekly posts she has been doing great the last 4 or 5 weeks. She falls asleep fine at naps and night time. The problem has been at night she is waking up around 3am so I would just re-swaddle and put a paci back in. She would go back to sleep but then would wake up every hour after that. I can't let her Cry it Out because our rooms are right beside each other and she would take 20 minutes to fall back asleep and Kevin can't be kept awake since he has to work. After a few tiring days of doing this I figured she must be hungry. I decided to start feeding her when she first woke up and that helped keep her asleep until 6am. Hopefully this is just a another growth spurt and we will be through this soon.

Other Happenings:
- Big week Lillian rolled over for the first time and has done it a handful of times since! She rolled from her tummy to her back. She had been rolling to her side but never went completely over. I had her doing tummy time and she got up on her side again so I ran to get my phone and hit record and barely caught it on video! I was so excited for her but i think more excited i actually got it on video. She did it again a few minutes later when daddy got home. Here are a couple of videos I got of her rolling over, video 1video 2. The second video you can skip ahead to minute 2:00 since I don't know how to edit it down. No judging my voice, i hate  how I sound on camera
- Lillian has also mastered the art of break dancing by spinning on her belly 270 degrees. Poppa was visiting and he was talking to her and she spun around until she found where is voice was coming from.
- Lillian loves when you kiss her belly. She just giggles and giggles.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, all these sweet things you'll have to remember!

    ReplyDelete