Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Lillian's 11th Week

Mommy came to the realization this week that Miss Lillian is a growing girl. Here she is 11 weeks old today!

Nursing: Doing wonderful still. No pain for mommy and still feeding for just about 15-20 minutes total. She still spits up but only occasionally is it the huge amounts. We tried some new gas drops that seem to help sometimes but not all the time. 

Sleeping: Lillian sleeps great during the day for her naps but night time is hit or miss. This last week she  kept waking up in the middle of the night between 2 and 3. Then Friday night we went out of town again and Friday, Saturday and Sunday night she slept through the night again. Like 10 pm-6:30-7am. I don't think anything is happening different during the day that gets her to sleep through the night. Hopefully its just a habit that she'll break. I thought it was maybe that when we were out of town she sleeps in her pack n play but Sunday night she was in her crib and slept fine. 

Other Happenings:
- As I said Lillian is growing. We took out the infant padding in the car seat and in her swing this week. 
- Mommy packed up all of her newborn clothes. I refused on packing some of the 0-3 months outfits because she isn't even 3 months yet even though some of them are a little snug.
- Lillian is so strong she has been holding her head up on her own for awhile probably since she was about a month old


- We tried out the Bumbo chair for the first time. As you can see she wasn't sure what to think at first but then she loved it.



you can really see how bald she has gotten in this picture

Daddy making sure she doesn't decide to fling her head backwards


- Mommy's Best Friend Kinsey came to visit. I was so glad to see her and she finally got to meet Lillian. Kinsey is also expecting her first baby in November and I am so excited for her to experience the joy of a baby.


- Got a package in the mail for Lillian from a sweet friend who has been an amazing Mommy mentor
- We also went to Nashville again this weekend. Kevin had an Ultimate Frisbee tournament so Lillian and Mommy went for an hour each day and Lillian got to meet some of Daddy's friends and hangout with Nana and Poppa and Uncle Mitch, Nick, and Aunt Brittany.
-Lillian had been grabbing hold of burp cloths and her bibs lately so i thought she would love to have a soft little thing to grab hold of. She doesn't use it for sleep mainly something I just give her to hold and look at during her awake time. Aunt Nina (who loved 101 Dalmatians growing up) got it for her and it is super soft. 

1 comment:

  1. She has SUCH a "big girl" face to me? Like I can picture her as a toddler and usually I can't do that with little babies! She's ADORABLE! And so photogenic!!!! I don't know if you've seen pictures of Valerie Head's (Bradfords) daughter Emma Grace but she reminds me of her a bit and that's DEF a compliment ;)

    So glad everything is going well! Kinda funky about her randomly not STTN like that? Maybe she really does just love HER bed ;)

    ReplyDelete