Lillian showing her support for Breast Cancer Awareness month!
Pounding down some watermelon
Sleeping: Ever since we started the new schedule she has slept great at night. The first night she went down at 8 and woke up about 10 (I was still awake so I didn't mind) then she slept until 6:30am. The next couple of nights we similar in that she slept all night except for two nights where she woke up because she was on her tummy instead of her back. Thats' right she finally started rolling from back to tummy but would then be up against the side of the crib so she didn't know how to get back over. After two nights of getting flipped around she figured it out and I have been getting solid sleep since!
Here she is rolled over and not sure what to do. She has also started turning horizontal in her sleep and then wakes up because her head and feet are touching the crib sides. I'm not worried about her rolling on her stomach, most mornings she is on her back again but I do worry about her turning horizontal because she sticks her feet through the slats and I don't want her to get stuck then try and flip over and break her foot or something.
Other Happenings:
- She had been super fussy and have off weeks lately but I think she was just hitting a milestone and leaning to flip over. Plus with her eating better I think we'll have some good weeks again until the next milestone or growth spurt.
- We had a family day at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center on saturday
- I found these Melissa and Doug bubbles at Homegoods on clearance for only $3. The little lady bug is a squeeze toy so you don't have to blow the bubbles yourself and it makes tons of bubbles compared the the cheap ones I bought at Kroger. I couldn't blow them fast enough to keep Lillian's attention.
- We had a baby play date on Friday and then had a cookout on Saturday with the same friends so Lillian got to roll around with some other babies two days in a row. It was good for her because she sees them crawling and It'll help her understand she can do it too. Although now that she is rolling all over the place I am in no hurry for her to start crawling all over. Our house is not baby proof for that.
- Kevin tried taking a picture of us while we were snoozing but didn't realize the flash would go off. You can see my eyes start to open and Lillian is squinting. He said she looked so peaceful and her hand was touching my mouth so he couldn't resist taking a picture. I love when I'll get her out of her crib and she'll fall back asleep in the bed. 30 extra minutes for Momma is a good thing.
- Lillian isn't talking yet but she does make an "eh" sound whenever she is trying to get your attention, especially at Kevin. I could be holding her and he'll be working on his computer and if she notices he's not looking at her she say "eh" until he does and then gives a HUGE smile.
- In clothes she is wearing some 6months but they are showing to be a little small especially the onesies. Everything else is either 9 month or 6-12month. Her torso is so long but some of the clothes swallow her up because they are so wide.
- Lillian started using her shopping cart cover about 2 weeks ago (i posted a picture on facebook) but I forgot to mention it on here. We use it way more often now. It's great for high chairs at restaurants and small carts like hobby lobby or TJ Maxx, but Kroger's seem to be so wide she leans to the side too easily. It is nice not having to lug in the infant carrier though and gives me more room in the cart for the groceries.
And here is one more picture from this week of me and my sweet girl!








No comments:
Post a Comment