Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween Costume & Funfest

My mom and sister had bought Lillian this cute little orange tutu and leggings for Lillian in Atlanta at the Mart. I figured every baby needs to be a little pumpkin for Halloween at some point so this would be Lillian's year and use the tutu. All I needed was a orange onesie and I planned on appliqueing a jack-o-lantern face on the front. Simple yet super cute. Well I went everywhere (babies r us, Target, Walmart, carters, hobby lobby, gap, old navy, Joanns...) looking for a blank orange onesie and could not find one. I happened to find the Rit dye at Michaels
 and figured I would try it out since I already had a white onesie at home. It was very easy, directions are on the bottle but all you do is add some dye to water (we did it in the kitchen sink so it wouldn't stain the sink) and add the onesie and stir for 30-60min. I used a wood skewer so it wouldn't dye my hands. Since I was only doing one shirt I used maybe a 1/4 of the bottle and filled the sink about halfway full of water and stirred for only 30 minutes because it was already looking dark orange.

You then rinse the shirt until the water is clear and then throw it in the washer. I was very pleased with how it turned out. I forgot to take a picture before I appliqued it but here are a couple pictures of our little pumpkin.




Our church had a huge fall festival yesterday. They had tons of games, bouncey houses, food trucks, hay rides and trunk or treat. It is a great community outreach and they expected about 600 kids to attend. Lillian is a little too small to enjoy any of it but we did go on a hay ride and took lots of pictures.


Picture with our cousin Cherry

I let Lillian feel the hay and of course it headed straight towards her mouth.




Captain America was playing peek a boo with Lillian on the hay ride.





No comments:

Post a Comment