I don't mind football but I am not sitting on my couch every Saturday watching the game. However since Kevin actually graduated from Georgia Tech this is who our family cheers for.
Nursing: Since Kevin and I were out of town for half the week Lillian didn't do much nursing but has still been a champ. I have been freezing pumped milk ever since Lillian was born. I only pumped if we had to be out somewhere or if I needed Kevin to feed her, so the milk I had saved up was just from engorgement or anything extra after morning feedings when I am more full than what she eats. After 5 months we had enough milk saved up for about 17 meals (she eats about 8 ounces each feeding). She would only need 14 meals worth while we were gone. I had a bunch of 4-5 oz bags so my mom just used two of each so she may have eaten more than 8 ounces a few feedings but apparently she ate every last drop. I took my pump with me out of town and came back with 112 ounces to replenish my stash.
Sleep: Thankfully my parents came down and stayed at our house all weekend to watch Lillian so she was still in her normal environment. They did a great job at keeping her on schedule and said she slept through the night every night and if she did wake up she must have put herself back to sleep because they didn't have to go in to soothe her. She does still wake around 5ish but usually because she has a dirty diaper or the sun is coming through the window too bright. We just give her a paci and she falls back to sleep until about 6:30-7am. Her naps have changed she use to sleep really well at her morning nap but not just sleeps about an hour and then her afternoon nap is now her good long 2.5-3hr. nap.
Other Happenings:
- We left Lillian for the first time this week. Kevin was in a wedding in Hilton Head, SC so my parents came down to watch her from Friday afternoon until Monday afternoon. I am so grateful they were willing to come down. It made it a whole lot easier, on me, leaving her knowing she was being well taken care of. They of course loved spending time with her and all the reports came back good each day. Here is a picture of us from the wedding. (One of my brothers did this for his wedding too but if you are getting married do what these guys did and buy suits instead of renting them. They usually come out to be about the same price as renting a tux. And the only difference in a suit and tux is that shiny part on the lapel and pants. Plus now Kevin has a nice suit.)
It was a beautiful wedding and venue and the whole weekend was wonderful. Here is a picture of the bride and groom during their first dance.
- Naturally my parents spoiled Lillian and bought her two new toys she loves playing with.
This is an old school toy (i'm pretty sure we had one similar) but it's so versatile. She can develop motor skills grasping the rings, learn colors, and we count the rings. She really likes to knock them off the tower right now.
Nana also found this awesome inflatable pool from Kohls for like $5. (I have said it before she is good at finding the bargains.)
Lillian wasn't sure about it at first and she did take a few nose dives face first but Mommy was watching her very carefully and she never inhaled or swallowed the water.
She loved splashing. (Yes that is my knee, I got in too so I could hold on to her better)
This one makes me laugh with one hand relaxed on her knee and the other back in the water like she is leaning back soakin' up the sun!
- When Kevin and I first got married we started a tradition of collecting ornaments for Xmas tree every time we went on vacation, after a few years we started to forget or never found one we liked so i decided now that Lillian is born we would start a new tradition. Anytime we go on a vacation (not just out of town to visit friends or family) we will buy a T-shirt. I'm totally a T-shirt kind of gal. Hilton Head is where Kevin and I went on our honeymoon 6 years ago. We both got Salty dog shirts at that time and they are good quality shirts so I wanted to get another one. Of course thinking of my new tradition here is the cute little shirt we got Lillian.

No comments:
Post a Comment