Monday, September 16, 2013

Six Year Wedding Anniversary

This weekend Kevin and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. Typically I would say something like "whoa, I can't believe it's already been 6 years" but in reality it doesn't seem like a long or short time. It is normal to me. We dated 3-4ish years before we were married and I only ever dated one other guy so Kevin is really all I know and I love it!

Birthdays and Anniversaries are special to us but we don't always go all out for them. We make them memorable and special. This year was our first anniversary with Lillian. My mom came down Friday afternoon and watched Lillian while Kevin and I went out to dinner. Thanks Mom! Kevin was craving some wings and I pretty much always eat chicken so we ended up doing dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings, fancy right ;), and dessert at Yogurt Mountain. We love fro-yo now so it has become our go to date spot since we moved to Huntsville.


Kevin's cup is always way more full than mine, he gets more ice cream and I get more of the candy/toppings. After dessert we went back home. Like I said we keep it simple but it was enjoyable to get out and talk with just him. 

We tried to do something small and special all weekend so Saturday we went to a little orchard on the side of the road and picked up some apples (Kevin proposed to me in an apple orchard) and shared an apple cider slushie. It is the yummiest drink ever, it is essentially frozen apple juice but no sugar or preservatives added. Lillian got to try some too but was either too cold or to tart for her.

The weather was wonderful so after we went out to the park and Kevin flew his RC airplane then we let Lillian swing and Kevin took her over to the dog park. I am not a dog person so we will never have a dog but it was so funny to watch Lillian watch the dogs run around. Some came up to the fence and she would just stare at them and when any of them barked she would bust out laughing. it never scared her which surprised me but so funny when she laughed. After the park Lillian went to bed and Kevin and I watched the original Superman, a little tribute to our wedding because we incorporated Superman into the wedding ceremony. Kevin and I walked back down the aisle to the superman theme score and our ring bearer carried a superman stuffed bear down the aisle. 
Isn't he a cutie. Hard to believe he is like 10 yrs. old now. 

Sunday the 15th, our actual anniversary, Kevin treated me to Krispy Kreme before church! We went out to Mexican for lunch, we could live in mexico because he LOVES mexican food. Sunday night we ended the weekend with another trip to watch Kevin fly his airplane. Its pretty cool. He has a camera on the plane so you can watch on his you tube channel.  

Neither one of us are perfect (Kevin is pretty darn close) but we strive to be the best spouse for each other daily and I am so very thankful for the 6 years we have had and hope for at least 60 more!



No comments:

Post a Comment