Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Lillian's 26th Week

26 weeks old!

Nursing: No new changes as far as feedings go. She is fidgety while she eats and sometimes give me "nipple lash" as my friend Kate likes to call it. We tried a couple more solid foods this week although I still don't think anything is really being ingested. Last week we had only tried bananas and eggs. This week we tried carrots which she loved gnawing on, celery which she seemed apathetic about but did nibble at, plain toast and an apple. She LOVED the apple surprisingly because it was a Granny Smith and I thought it would be too tart but she chewed on that thing for a good 15 minutes. We did have our first scare of gagging which then became choking. Kevin jumped up and I ripped the tray off the high chair and he leaned her forward and only hit her back once and she must have gotten it loose because she was fine and it didn't seem to phase her much. We tried eggs a few more times and eggs whites once but she spit it out quickly. Not sure if she didn't like the taste or just wasn't hungry that morning.
Carrot 9/12

She turns her head to the side and always eats from the bottom of her fist.



Celery raw

Apple 9/17

Sleep: Going down at night at about 7:15-7:30pm. She doesn't fall right to sleep but she lays there quietly and eventually falls asleep within 15 minutes or so.  She'll wake up anytime between 4:30 and 5:30am and we just put her back to sleep and she sleep until 7am. I am very happy with that and Kevin is great about getting her back to sleep if she wakes up anytime after 5 am before he heads to the gym. Some of her naps she has been really fussy at first so I have to pat her chest for a few minutes and it helps. Still taking 3 naps but that last one is only 30 minutes at about 4:30pm.

Other Happenings:
- We went to the park a couple times this week because the weather has been gorgeous. Here are a few pictures.


worn out from the park

- Lillian is becoming more inquisitive. I feel like she is learning more and more every day. If we give her an object to hold she just stares at it and her little eyebrows raise up and down.
- She does this thing with her legs when she lays on her back where she raises them and slams them against the floor multiple times. It doesn't seem to hurt her and she laughs as she does it. She does it at night time too but her legs bounce a little in her crib so i think she likes that and thinks it will happen all the time she does it. 
- Just today she has started this thing where she coughs, a lot, and it sounds fake.
- She grabs food well with both hands and has recently moved the object from one hand to the other.
- We noticed she tends to grab things or hold things with her left hand primarily but has used her right some too so we are waiting to see if she is left handed like her Papa or somewhat ambidextrous like her daddy.
- We have had to use her paci more often in public as she has become more vocal, primarily church.
- Speaking of church nap times are hard on Sundays. She usually goes back down for a nap at about 8:30am. We leave for church at 8:40 and worship starts at 9am and then classes are at 10:15am. Sometimes she'll fall asleep on the way to church but then wakes up as soon as we get out of the car.  10 minute power nap. She won't fall asleep during church because to much to see and hear so either I or my cousin will take her out to try and get her to fall asleep, sometimes she does and sometimes she doesn't. She doesn't go to class yet so she may fall asleep while we are in class but not likely. Then she has a bottle at 11am. Poor thing is so exhausted and if we go out to eat its another nap time she may miss. This last Sunday you could tell she was tired as soon as we put her in the car seat she fell asleep. We took her into the restaurant in her car seat hoping she wouldn't wake up and she never did. She slept for a good hour then when we got home we put her back down and she slept for maybe another hour or more.
- She loves music. She has a toy that plays baby Einstein music and lights up and it will keep her attention for forever. We have an Apple TV instead of cable and they have a radio app so I'll turn on top 40 hits and we have boogied down a couple times and she loves it. I'm hoping her love for music will continue and have Daddy's musical talents. (actually I hope she gets all of Daddy's talents.) When we are travelling and she is past her nap time I turn on Pandora on my phone and play it and she instantly calms down. She likes to hold the phone too while it plays. (i know she'll probably get cancer). but it is was funny to see her hold it.
- I finally got her a soft floor mat to crawl around on since we have hardwoods everywhere. I found this special gem at a consignment sale for only $10 and it came with 25 puzzle pieces. That junk is at least $30 everywhere else I’ve looked and for not nearly as big. We keep it as a 4x4 in our living room. I feel like she has be doing better as far as creeping around and rolling over since we bought it. Plus we can learn our colors and letters as she gets older. Here is a picture of me deep cleaning it since it was a consignment find.
And a picture of Lillian loving it plus some of her and Nana enjoying the view from the floor.


- I finally bought some bubbles (happened to remember while i was at Kroger and they aren't the best quality). Since I couldn't blow more than one or two at a time Lillian didn't seem too enthralled, but when she caught eye with one she stared it down until it popped.



No comments:

Post a Comment