Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Lillian's 6 Months Doctor Visit

Lillian turned six months last Thursday September 19th.

I'm getting good at getting the picture at the wrong moment

I am behind on this post because I was waiting for her doctor appointment we had today. Her appointment was at 8:45am. I thought this would be great time when I first scheduled it but it is not. Her morning nap is from 8:30ish to 10:30 or 11am. She was not pleasant when they measured her. I was able to get her to take a quick 15 minute power nap while we waited for the doctor to come in. After that she was wonderful. (normally I would hate to wait 15 minutes for the doctor but I knew it was better for all of us if she could sleep even just a little.) For some reason I thought they told me she wouldn't have any shots this time but I guess I was wrong. She had a total of four shots, normally there are just two but the vaccines are combined and this time they weren't. As usual she did awesome with the shots. She cries while the nurse pokes her but once they give her the oral vaccine she is back happy and smiling.
So sleepy...

Paci doing its job. 

She is now 16lbs 15oz 75th percentile. 27 3/4in. again off the charts. Here is her 4 month visit and 2 month visit stats. I always forget to ask for the head circumference and it's not written on her sticker but I think it was like 16 or 17 or I could be way off? I'm never concerned about that unless they are.

We went and got our car seat checked to make sure we are installing it correctly and she is safe. We passed but they did say that she is so long and the car seat has a max height of 30 inches. I have a feeling by 9 months we will have to transition to a new seat.

The doctor also mentioned how beautiful her skin is and again said she is a TV baby. :) I have a feeling though as she gets older it will be filled with freckles like momma and daddy.

Kevin and I have grown more and more in love with this precious sweet girl (if that's even possible). Here is a list of things I love and remember about her these last couple of months.
Lillian:
- I love how your eyebrows raise up and down when you are exploring a new object
- I love that you feel a calmness when I pat you on your chest to help you fall asleep.
- I love your big smiles when you wake up from a nap and we come in to get you. How could anyone make you go back to sleep with that big smile grinning at us.
- I love that you bury your head into my neck when I pick you up.
- I love your personality
Momma and Daddy love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment