Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Lillian's 23rd Week

Takin' it back to the 80's and rockin' my leg warmers.

Nursing: Lillian did great this week. She fed a normal amount of time. We did end up starting rice cereal again and it helped with her sleeping. there was only one night I forgot to give to to her and that was the only night she woke up every couple of hours. I only give her the rice cereal after her 7pm feeding and it is only on 1Tbsp to 2 oz of milk. A few times she would wake early from naps which was hard because she gets hungry earlier. I try to hold her off until 15 minutes before her normal scheduled time. She usually does great but when it hits that mark she is ready. 

Sleeping: She did great sleeping. I put her to bed around 7:30pm when she is finished eating. Most of the time she is quiet but we have caught her a few times talking to herself. She sleeps all night until about 5:15am. I usually go in there and put her paci back in or put her in her swing and she either wakes up at about 6:45 or I have to go wake her up after 7am. She sleeps longer in her swing. Her morning naps last longer (about 2-21/2 hrs.) her afternoon naps are about 2 hours and her evening naps are usually just 45min.-1hr.

Other Happenings: 
- We finally got a video monitor and I LOVE it! It is an IP camera we got from Amazon for just $80 and then downloaded a free app on our phones, computer, and iPad. It has audio too but we just use the video for now. She moves a lot when she sleeps.
We busted Lillian partying in her crib about 2 hours after we put her to bed.

- We still swaddle her legs to sleep in the crib. I tried to put her to sleep without it but she does not fall asleep and the one time she did she only slept 20 minutes before she woke herself up.
- TMI WARNING: I promised Kevin I would never post about spit up and poopy diapers on Facebook so I'll put my question here. Lillian is about 16lbs ( i weighed her on our home scale with me and subtracted my own weight) so she should be technically in size 2 diapers right? Well she has a poopy diaper about every other day and she is ever in her carseat she ALWAYS has a blow out. Do I need to move up a size or any tips on what to do when she is in her carseat to prevent this. We have had to throw away a couple outfits because they were lost causes. 
- Lillian loves to boogie. We dance together during the credits of movies or TV shows I watch.
- We are raising the next Beethoven see video proof here
- Lillian got to swing at the park for the first time and seemed to like it. She is not a fan of how bright the sun is though. 







No comments:

Post a Comment