Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Lillian's 16th Week


16 Weeks Old

Nursing: I tried a couple different things this week to see if Lillian would eat any better. She would occasionally eat fine on one side but then never eat more than a minute or two on the other. I pumped exclusively for two days to try and get my milk supply back up and make sure she was getting full feedings. I feel like the pumping really helped but it also showed me that I was getting about 5.5oz total when i pumped and she'd eat about 5 oz each feeding so my milk supply seemed to be decreasing but really she is getting all she needs. She still squirms quite a bit at certain feedings which makes it hard but I started burping her more often and we give gas drops religiously.

Sleeping: Our sleep schedule was still pretty rough this week. Her naps were great but was waking multiple times at night. a couple nights i fed her the second time she would wake up hoping that would keep her asleep until morning but that didn't work. She actually woke up more that night. We tried cluster feeding her the last 3 meals of the day, that helped a little in that she didn't wake up hungry but i did have to get up twice to soothe her. When I do that I just reswaddle if she came undone and put the paci in if it fell out. But that only puts her back to sleep for 2 hours then she wakes up again. She is such a pleasant baby during the day so we don't know if its too much sleep or not enough. Or if she needs more food less times per day, or if we are feeding her too often and she is not getting full feedings. We have no clue what is going on but I'm ready for it to pass and have her sleeping the full 10 hrs. again.

Other Happenings:
- Lillian got to spend some special time with Daddy this last week. He worked from home Wednesday afternoon, was off on Thursday the 4th, and worked from home on Friday. It rained every day so Lillian and Daddy got lots of snuggle time.
- You can see how we spent our Independence Day
- Lillian has grown out of her bouncy seat. She is always wanting to sit up but doesn't have full control yet so anytime we sit her in the bouncy seat she tries to sit up and basically ends up doing an ab workout or falling forward :)
- We got out her doorway jumper this week and she loved it. She is a little small for the seat so we wrapped a blanket around her to keep her more secure but she has great head control in it and her little legs just go crazy bouncing in it.
- Speaking of crazy legs she is kicking a lot. Sometimes when she eats, or after she eats (we assume that's gas) but even if she wakes up early from a nap or just playing on her floor mat her legs are always moving. Would this just be her preparing to start getting mobile?
- I had forgotten we got this cute little robe as a gift so we used it for the first time. Its super cute and I use the little slippers now to cover her feet while in her swing because they stay on so much better than socks do. Lillian hasn't worn socks since her first month.



Special Shout out! Happy 27th Birthday Daddy and Daddy's twin sister Aunt Kayla!





No comments:

Post a Comment