18 Weeks Old on July 23rd
Lillian had her first trip to the beach this week! Post to come with lots of pictures of that special memory.
Nursing: Being out of town this last week I wasn't sure what to expect but she ate great nursing and when I had to feed her a bottle. Not sure how much she eats when she nurses but i had a bottle of about 7.5 ounces for Kevin's Mom to feed her while she was watching her and Lillian drank the WHOLE thing! I have been giving her about 7-8 ounces now and she will even fuss for a second when its all gone like she wants more. I won't feed her more because I know she'll just spit it up.
Sleeping: stuck to our schedule pretty well despite being out of town. She slept through the night two nights but that was probably because she didn't have great naps those days and being in the sun drained her. She is still waking up around 3 and every hour or two after. I still don't feed her because she doesn't seem hungry she falls right back asleep but there doesn't seem to be another reason why she would wake at that time other than hunger. We were told we could give her rice cereal and that may keep her full through the nights. I debated giving it to her so soon. I did some research, read lots of opinions, talked with Kevin, and prayed about it. We decided we will try just a little just at her last feeding of the night at 7pm. Because we were out of town I wanted to wait until we got back home so we will be doing our first try tonight. I'll let you know how it goes but i'm hoping it helps.
Other Happenings:
- We visited Nena and Papa, and aunts and uncles in Atlanta this weekend. It was a fun filled visit with a trip to Helen, Ga on Saturday and Lillian got to experience the Stone Mountain Laser show for the first time. She of course loved every part of it. The fireworks didn't scare her at all and she loved the music and lights.
- Lillian holds her own bottle now
- She wore her first 9 month onesie yesterday, mainly because it was the only one clean after to diaper blow outs. Most of her 3-6 month onesies don't fit. Moved up to 6 month and even some 9 month. I realized some of them may have shrank though when I washed them because I wash all her clothes in hot to get out the spit up. But now I wash in warm unless there is something really dirty.
- Still wearing size 1 diapers but with quite a few leaks this week we will be moving on up to 2. We probably should have done it sooner but she had so many one's left and didn't have any leaks until we went out of town. Size 2 are for 12-18lbs and she is already 14.8lbs.
- Lillian had her 4 month check up you can see HERE




No comments:
Post a Comment