Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Lillian's 17th Week

17 Weeks Old!



Nursing: Lillian did so well this week nursing. Eating well on both sides sometimes even for 20 minutes but average is about 15 min. Friday July 12th we started Lillian on a 4 hour schedule. It happened by accident but I went with it and she slept better at her naps and at night. We continued it Saturday and Sunday and still no issues so we have officially moved to the 4 hour schedule and I LOVE IT! It has allowed me so much more free time to go out with her and not have to worry about hurrying back home in time for her nap.

Sleeping: towards the end of the week Lillian started sleeping much better and did not wake up in the middle of the night to eat but did still wake up at 3 and 5. Those seem to be magic hours of waking up. As soon as I put her paci back in she falls right back to sleep. We had guests this weekend so I didn't let her cry it out but we will be working on that this week. I'm not sure why she wakes up or why she needs her paci (she spits it out about 5 minutes later anyways) but again hoping it will pass. After her first feeding at 7am she is always super tired so she usually goes back to sleep at about 8. I've tried to keep her up longer so she doesn't wake up early before her next feeding but she gets so fussy and she is never fussy. As soon as I lay her down she goes right to sleep.

Other Happenings:
- A couple people have told me about the book The Wonder Weeks and they have an app so I downloaded it. Apparently Lillian is in the 4th leap which lasts about 4 weeks. I'm not sure I understand the concept yet so read the book but what I gather so far is that babies make these mental developmental leaps and there are things you can do to help them get through these leaps with ease.
- She has figured out how to put her paci back in her mouth. I first noticed in the car. I saw it fell out so I was going to lean back at the next stop light to put it back in and by the time I got to a light she had it in her hand close to her mouth so I watched for a second and sure enough she popped it back in.
- She is always wanting to sit up. For us though Sit up = Spit up so I try not to let her sit all the way up right after she eats.
- We had our friends Jordan and Erin come to visit this weekend. The guys had a Frisbee tournament so we went and watched for a few hours on Saturday.


Lillian loved playing with her buddy Erin. 
Here is another video of her laughing with Daddy. She loves to be put up in the air like this. 



- Loving our doorway bouncy swing. 


- Friday morning Lillian and I went to the Hunstville Botanical Gardens with a mom's group I am apart of. It was better than I expected, very kid friendly. Lillian was still a little young to play or really enjoy anything since she is not mobile but I know she enjoyed being out of the house seeing different things and smelling the flowers. Two and under is free but I also got in free because they were collecting elementary age books to help a local charity so that was a plus. There is a little splash pond thing we all went to first so I stuck Lillian's feet in and there is also a butterfly house we went through. One of the butterflies landed on Lillian's arm.
The best part is this thing called Giant Garden Little Me. It reminds me of something like Honey I Shrunk the Kids. Everything is super sized things you would find in your back yard:

  • Super Soaker Sprinkler that oscillates
  • Big Dog Doghouse
  • Papa Bear Picnic Table
  • Grand Watering Can
  • Ginormous Grass Blades with misting and bubbling dandelions
  • Colossal Croquet, with mega-sized wickets, balls and mallets
  • Super-sized Sandbox and Storybook Castle
  • Awesome Adirondack chairs big enough for two, or three ...
  • King-size Checkers
Here is Lillian relaxing in the Adirondack chair.
This was right before we left to go home and eat. She was super tired and napped for 3 hours 15 min. But we had a lot of fun.

We go to the doctor on Thursday for her 4 month check up. I am anxious to see how she has grown!



No comments:

Post a Comment