Monday, August 5, 2013

One Last Summer Road Trip

The theme of our summer was right out of Johnny Cash's song "I've Been Everywhere". We've been to Atlanta, Nashville, Myrtle Beach, Oklahoma City, Toledo, the Lake, and now Logansport. Lillian is quite the traveler already. At the beginning of the summer she would sleep most of the car ride no matter how far we traveled. She still does great in the car but her naps aren't her usual full nap and she fights falling asleep in her car seat. I can get her to fall asleep easily by patting her chest for a few minutes and if she is really upset we blast some classic rock on the radio and that distracts her enough to calm her down. We don't have to stop a lot but when we do I always try to get her out of the car seat even if for a minute because she gets so hot in it. The need to invent a car seat with better ventilation on the backside.

This last week we drove up to Logansport, Indiana to see Kevin's Gammy and Pappy and Uncle Alan and Aunt Robin. It was a relaxing weekend with good food and good family. Saturday morning we went out to the gun range. We went a couple years ago but i was too scared to shoot any of the big guns so this time i tried them all.

Kevin shooting the 357 Magnum

Me and the 357 Magnum.

Shooting the AR15. I actually shot really well with this one.

I don't remember what this is but it shot 45s and 38s

We shared targets so the only ones i know were mine were the big holes because I could see them appear from far away when I shot. The rest I couldn't see where they hit. I obviously don't have the best aim with hand guns.

Lillian snapping beans for the first time

Her way to snap beans via mouth

Taking a ride on the ranger


Lillian and cousin Alaina

Had to take a ride on the tractor too


Saturday afternoon we took Lillian on her first carousel ride. This was a special memory. Lillian was the 4th generation to ride this carousel, Pappy, Kevin's Mom (Nena), Kevin and now Lillian. 




Pappy, Daddy, and Lillian

Gammy and Lillian

Lillian and her great-grandparents who love her so much! We had such a great visit with family. We even got to bring back some fresh green beans and sweet corn. Had a wonderful last trip of the summer but glad to be home for awhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment