Monday, August 19, 2013

Lillian's New Toy: Bright Starts Around We Go

After lots of research and trying to find a deal we finally bought Lillian an exersaucer. I bravely put it out there on Facebook to get some opinions on what we should buy. I appreciated all the opinions and did take the advice given out. I searched garage sales, Craigslist, Amazon, Babies r us, and Walmart to find the type I wanted. The walkers didn't have enough toys on them and the regular exersaucers were too stationary and big. We also passed on the jumperoo because we already have a doorway jumper,which she loves but the bouncing makes her spit up even more than she already does. The two we liked were these: 

Evenflo In The Garden Walk Around Exersaucer

Bright Starts Around We Go Activity Station


  The benefit we saw in this style is that it still moved like the walkers but was also stationary so we wouldn't have to worry about it falling over or down the stairs ( if we had any). The Evenflo Walk Around was not in stock anywhere. I liked it better because of its cuteness but Kevin liked the Bright Starts because it would "force" her to walk around to play with the different toys versus having the toys around her seat. We ended up buying the Bright Starts Around We Go. I hate that I couldn't find it on sale or used anywhere and the price was more than I wanted to pay ($89.99) but so far it was worth it. Lillian loves it and there is a great variety of toys. 

Details of this product:
  • toys include frog popper, spinner ball, ratcheting bee stalk toy, piano and mirror station
  • Removable snack tray is easy to clean
  • Designed to grow with baby through the toddler years
  • Rotates 360 degrees allowing baby to walk around play table
  • Three play modes with two plush stalk 

As soon as I sat her in it she started playing. 

Happy for her new toy.


When Lillian is older and walking on her own we can remove the seat and just use the activity table

Lillian is not quite tall enough yet to reach the ground with both feet to walk (she has little legs and long torso). And the seat is so big we have to stuff a blanket behind her.


Overall I am very happy with our purchase. I would give it 4.5 stars, bright colors, lots of toys, easy to assemble. Not quite 5 because there isn't a way to adjust the height since she is too short. The price also seemed high to me but all of these types of activity stations are pretty high. It is great to have a place for her to play where she can sit up and I don't have to worry about her falling. The only other ways we had her sitting up were the doorway jumper and her Bumbo. She always leaned forward too much in the Bumbo and spit up all the time in both. After two days she has only spit up once in the exersaucer which is AMAZING if you know my spit happy baby.  



No comments:

Post a Comment