Happy 22 Weeks Old!
Lillian also turned 5 months old yesterday 8/19/13
Nursing/Sleeping: The two go hand in hand. We did well eating this last week. She was off of the rice cereal this week but she turned 5 months old yesterday and I felt like she didn't eat much at her last feeding so I gave her 1tsp with 1 oz of milk. That was the only night this last week she did not wake up. She slept from 7:30pm-5:30am then I put her in the swing since she was still sleepy and she slept until 7:15 when daddy went in to wake her up to eat. We will see tonight if it was a coincidence or not. She still goes down great for naps but wakes up early. Her awake time only lasts about 1hr. 15min.- 1hr. 30min. before her sleep cues kick in; yawning, rubbing eyes, and whiney. I know if I keep her awake longer then she may sleep closer to her next feeding but it's best for everyone if she goes down right when she gets tired. Also her morning nap and early evening nap are getting shorter and shorter but she is wide awake when I go in to soothe her. Her midday nap is at least 2 hours. Most of the time she is ready to wake up and we are welcomed by a HUGE toothless grin!
Other Happenings:
- She is starting to support herself sitting up more. Not a pro yet but we are getting there.
- Lillian got a new toy to keep her upright more during her awake times and she loves it but only for 15 min or so, unless someone else sits with her and entertains her. She has started flinging herself back in the seat of the toy (she associates the seat with her doorway jumper and thinks this toy does the same thing) so I put a pillow or thick blanket behind her for support.
- She has noticed when I walk out of the room and she starts to fuss, I just tell her what i'm doing and she goes back to playing. lol
- Lillian's hair is so red in pictures but looks dark in regular light
Her shirt says "Daddy's girl" and Daddy makes sure he gets some Lillian love whenever he is home.
Lillian has more hair than Daddy!

No comments:
Post a Comment