Week 6 was definitely a growth week, not sure if it was physical or developmental but we could tell by how she was feeding/sleeping something was going on.
Sleep: On Friday night she had difficulty falling asleep after I fed her at 10pm so I ended up feeding her for another 10 min around 11:00. She was fine after that so I put her in her crib and went to bed. About 5 min later she started fussing so I got up to make sure she didn't need to burp and soothed her then got back in bed. She got fussy again so my mom got up that time to sooth her. She ended up patting her while still in the crib for about 15 min and Lillian was out. I had told my mom she usually wakes at about 3 to eat so of course my mom woke up at 3 and 3:30 and 4 waiting to hear her fussing and she never did. My mom was worried she had stopped breathing but she was okay. Lillian finally woke up at 5 am and my mom fed her the bottle. Lillian then woke up at 7:30 which is her normal morning feed. If that was her schedule for now on I'd be happy but the next night proved wrong. She woke up every 3 hours and then would take about 45 min. to fall asleep. Seemed like she would be calm so we'd put her in the crib and then 10 minutes later she would start crying again and crying out at night that long does not work for two sleepy parents. It was a rough night but we made it and it could have been worse. We are trying to be better about sticking to her schedule during the day and so far it has helped as she is back to waking up just once at night, hopefully it continues.
Nursing: we made a big step forward this week. Lillian latched onto one of my nipples without the nipple shield and fed the whole time. I was so proud, hoping we can eventually quit using it all together, it would make nursing a lot easier. Her schedule now since growth spurt is over is every 3 hours during the day to eat and the last feeding is at 9:30 instead of 10 and she sleeps until 3:00 and then starts her day again at 7 am. In another week or two we will try to get her to sleep longer through the night.
I got my sling in the mail finally. It was one of those things online where it's free and you just pay shipping, except shipping is like $12. Totally worth it though because I am such a wimp and have no arm muscles. I also got a diaper pod and some baby leg warmers for $6 more. I thought it was too small the first time I used it but then too big the second time so I'm still trying to figure out if I am using it correctly. You wouldn't think it would be rocket science.
I had also got the same deal on a car seat cover. I thought it was something I could have just easily made but for $12 I wouldn't have to purchase the fabric or worry about making it so I am happy with that purchase as well. I didn't take a picture but its a similar grey fabric with white pattern. I don't know why but I like stuff to match even if I don't use it together. Our pack n play, stroller, and high chair all match too.
Other happenings this week: I got my first real smile this week from Lillian and it wasn't due to gas!! She was just sitting in her bouncy seat cooing so I started talking to her and she had this huge grin on her face when we locked eyes. Greatest feeling in the world! With the growth spurt this last week we have noticed a few other things:
-Lillian is a lot more aware of things and more alert.
-She loves looking at the lights.
-She will follow an object once you put it in front of her.
-she talks/coos more
-Still spitting up after each feeding, but not as much
- We did have one green poopy diaper this week and I read a couple of things that could cause it (too much foremilk, mommy diet specifically dairy, and some others I knew wouldn't pertain to us) but since it was only one I have not worried too much about it. But her poopy diapers have become fewer and far between which is nice but more loose. Again i read its normal for breastfed babies but will keep an eye out for any other issues and make sure she doesn't get dehydrated.
- Daddy has been good at making sure she gets her tummy time, although she hasn't been a fan of it lately.
- she still has a good amount of hair but i am noticing it thinning on the topsides of her head
No comments:
Post a Comment