We went
Here is a picture of Lillian at two weeks old, ready for Braves Opening day!
Week two started that same Tuesday we traveled home. My mom actually drove up later that evening and stayed with us until Saturday. She was a huge help to have around. I am so thankful she took her vacation days to come help us out. Not only helping with Lillian, she took the middle of the night feeding so i could get a few solid hours, but also did a lot of cleaning and cooking for me and was just there to talk and give guidance so I didn't stress since Kevin was back at work. I know she hated to leave Lillian but I hated for her to leave too. My dad and PawPaw came to pick her up Saturday since she drove one of our cars here so I was glad we were able to get a 4 generations picture since we don't know when PawPaw would be able to see her again.
We will see how week three goes as I will be on my own until Kevin gets home from work. I am not too worried about it right now as I know my priority is Lillian first, then sleep and food for me, and if I can get at least one "chore" around the house done a day I think we will be okay.
Physical Features: Lillian has had great skin since she was born. none of that baby acne showed up until the middle of week two and that is still just around her nose only. She came out with a full head of darker hair and we started to notice this week its turning red like Mommy's!
Nursing: we are working on getting Lillian to attach (flat nipples apparently), still using the nipple shield for now but at least she is getting full feedings. I have fed her from a bottle a few times for convenience (i.e. the car trip here, middle of night feedings with my mom or Kevin) and it certainly is more convenient to feed from a bottle but I do love that special time only I can have with her when i feed her.
Schedule: She kind of put herself on a 3 1/2 - 4 hr feeding schedule but did have a few times where she would be hungry sooner so of course i fed her. we weren't really too worried about a schedule at this point. We are going to start working on that more during week 3.
Mommy's recovery:
I have been feeling good. Not too sore from the whole birthing process, I haven't hit any postpartum depression, and I'm getting better sleep than when I was pregnant. I do have to say it has been easy because we have had so much help but it also makes it easy/enjoyable every time I get to hold my sweet baby girl. When I left the hospital they had me on 600mg of Motrin every 6hrs, by about Saturday I had gotten down to 400mg and today I take it only twice a day and feel fine. I didn't want to stop taking it all together because I do notice some pressure still but did not want to take so much as it causes constipation (I know TMI but that is valuable info for any of my pregnant friends). I would also advise to listen when the nurse says not to lift anything over 10lbs for awhile, because I pulled Lillian, in her carseat, out of the car and think I pulled a muscle in my shoulder! It is really painful lol. I need to hit the gym! I did weigh myself once we got back to Huntsville and i can proudly say i already lost more than half the pregnancy weight by just giving birth! lol. I still have about 16 lbs to go. They say not to work out until after your 6 week check up so until then I try to be good about what I eat and I know it's helping shed some LBs just by nursing.
We did take Lillian to church for Easter so I will end with some pictures of her in her cute dress and our little family of three!

No comments:
Post a Comment