I can tell she is growing and has become more alert and active. She gave me her first real smiles this week when i talked to her and I knew it wasn't just gas. And yes I do the cheesy baby talk but that's what babies like and i'll talk anyway I need to, to see that beautiful beaming smile! Daddy caught a picture of her reacting to my baby talk
Sleep: She is still sleeping well, about the same schedule she has been on. We are working on dropping her middle of the night feeding in these next few weeks. Right now she eats around 10-10:30ish depending on her schedule that day and then wakes up around 3.am to eat and then not again until 7 am. Its not bad for me and after her 7 am feeding we both just go back to sleep so even mommy is getting about 8-9 hrs of broken sleep. The last two days of her 5th week i have noticed she will wake herself up during her naps but falls right back to sleep within a minute or two.
Nursing: We are making progress as far as latching without the nipple shield. She seems to only take on the left side right now but last night I only used the shield for about 3 minutes to draw out the nipple and then she continued to eat without it for about 10 minutes. This was big for us and Mommy is very proud. Lillian is still spitting up after each feeding. We decided maybe she was eating too much so instead of feeding for 15 minutes on each side i usually pull her off after about 12-13 minutes and that has seemed to help. She still spits up but its not as much. It was bad and Daddy nicknamed her Mount Vesuvius. We will be happy if she ever gets over the spit up. We go through about 4 burp cloths, 2 bibs, and 2-3 sets of clothes a day because she has spit up all over them. I am anxious to see how much she weighs at her next doctor's appointment because she does eat well and has good diapers.
One more last picture, I love when she yawns. It starts out with her making a O with her lips and then turns into this big yawn and makes me yawn every time. Just looking at this picture I have yawned twice.
Nothing else really happened this week. Daddy did not have to work on Friday so we had a nice 3 day weekend enjoying our family and this awesome weather we have been having.
SO glad the nursing is going so well!!!!
ReplyDeleteBOTH of my kids were what they call "happy spitters" I would go through massive amounts of burp cloths and would literally nurse naked to avoid getting spit up all over my clothes. It gets a LOT better once she's able to sit up...so in a few months haha ;) LOVE the picture of you with her, precious!
She is adorable!!!! Lyla did major spitting up for 8-10 months :( She had projectile vomiting the first 6 weeks every time she nursed. It was awful! Ended up taking her to a pediatric chiropractor and within a week of treatment and continued diaphragm massaging the spitting up got better.
ReplyDelete