Sleeping: The first half of the week Lillian had trouble falling back asleep after she ate during the day unless I was holding her. Not even the swing would calm her but by the end of the week she was sleeping great both during the day and night. Her awake time has been extended she'll stay awake about an hour now including her feeding time which is about 25 minutes or so. Sometimes she will fall asleep sooner especially during the evening and first feeding in the morning. I am not as stressed if she wakes up early or doesn't fall asleep as quickly but we still stick to the schedule as much as possible because we know it is working.
Nursing: Still going well, I continued to use the nipple shield until Sunday. This weekend we went out of town and I forgot my nipple shield so when we got back in town I pumped for a few minutes to draw out the nipple and had a bottle already pumped for the middle of the night feeding. I was going to go buy another nipple but I have been needing to come off of it anyways and Lillian has been doing so well. Monday instead of pumping every feeding I used a nipple shell about 15 minutes before I needed to feed her and that draws out the nipple. She fed the whole time on both nipples, Momma was so proud! She only eats for about 20 minutes now too. It definitely hurts more without the nipple shield though. Here is a picture of the nipple shield
and here is what the nipple shells look like. I use the Medela brand for both.
Lillian has also started spitting up quite a bit more this last week too. We went through two burp cloths after one feeding. She dribbles it out here and there but she always has one moment when she spits up 3 times in a row and it seems like at least 2 ounces that comes out. She never seems hungry afterwards and still has a good amount of diapers so no need for concern right now I guess.
Other things Lillian has been doing:
- Lillian had her first laugh on May 2nd , it was the best birthday gift for Mommy. We were sitting at the table eating dinner and talking to Lillian and she all of the sudden just belted out a laugh. Kevin and I both were like "did you just hear that!"
- We had our first "playgroup" today with some people at our church, its called the Little Lights Playgroup. They do a small service project then let the kids play. Lillian obviously just slept the whole time but it was nice for Mommy to be around other mommies.
- She has grown out of her newborn onesies :(
- She is still in size 1 diapers, haven't had nearly as many leaks or blow outs this week.
More pictures because mommy got camera happy.
Precious little feet with monkey toes like Mommy
Here she is sticking out her tongue which started happening a lot more this week
Smiles
Waving bye bye
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment