Monday, November 2, 2015

Adeline's 3rd Week

Adeline turned 3 weeks old on Friday October 30th. 

Physical features: Baby acne seems to be clearing up some. Hopefully by next week it will be gone. So far she has not gotten cradle cap yet but the infant shampoo we bought for her acne supposedly helps with cradle cap too. And poor girl has no hair on the top of her head, she must take after her daddy. :)

Nursing: still nursing pretty fast. If I use the nipple shield it takes her about 20 minutes total to eat but if I can get her to latch without it she is done in less than 15. I can tell she eats faster without the shield because she spits up a little more afterwards because the milk is coming out so fast. Also if Adeline starts crying hard while I am holding her or in the same room it makes my milk let down. That never happened with Lillian so the nursing pads are a must right now.

Schedule: We started sticking to a stricter schedule this week. By 3 weeks Lillian was only waking once at night to eat but Adeline wakes up twice so i'm working on getting full feedings during the day to last her at night. We are doing a schedule of a desired wake time at 7am, then eat every 3 hours so 7am,10,1,4,7,10pm and currently 1 and 4 am at night but if we could get her to wake just once around 3ish that would be awesome.

Sleeping: She is a pretty good sleeper but she doesn't sleep as long as I would like her to. this week she has been falling asleep for naps fine but will wake up once or twice before her next feeding. If I can't get her to fall back asleep I will hold her and she sleeps great. I don't want her to get use to only sleeping in someone's arms but I know she needs the sleep in order to eat better and sleep better later. We had been putting her in her swing to sleep but I want to try and get her back in her crib so she will go down easily in the crib and not become dependent on the swing. She doesn't fall asleep well in the crib, I think it is because she isn't as "cuddled" as she is in her swing or someone's arms. We have let her cry it out a few times and she had been crying for just 6 or so minutes then falls right to sleep but there are times where 10 minutes has passed and she doesn't seem to let up so I go hold her and get her calm enough to fall back asleep. If she does wake up in the middle of the night and it's not time to eat it usually means she needs a diaper change.

Postpartum: I'm feeling great this week. I am pretty tired around 9am most days and may or may not have taken a quick little nap on some of these rainy days we have been having lately.

Got some big smiles this week


Only sleeping in mommy's arms so I made a make shift sling out of a scarf

Lillian didn't seem this small and fit into 0-3 month clothes when we came home from the hospital. Adeline gets swallowed up in anything not newborn so thankful Aunt Brittany and cousin Aubrey let us borrow a few newborn things before Baby girl #2 arrives for them. Here is one cute little outfit that actually fit!


No comments:

Post a Comment