Adeline turned 2 weeks old on October 23rd.
Physical features: Our sweet Adeline looks just like her sister. She still has blue eyes for now but they are darker so I'm thinking they will turn brown like mommy's. She seems so much smaller than Lillian and she has a tiny head. None of the headbands we had fit her so I had to buy preemie/newborn ones. Adeline also got the baby acne sooner than Lillian did and it looks terrible. I don't think it bothers her but I'm hoping it clears up soon.
Nursing: Straight from birth Adeline has been a great nurser. My Milk came in on Sunday (the day we left the hospital). She latched on at the hospital well and I didn't feel any pain. About the middle of week one I started to feel the soreness and she "bit" me on one side and it just couldn't heal. I was worried about a tongue tie but we checked with a lactation consultant and her pediatrician. He said the frenulum is close to the tip of the tongue but not concerning. I ended up getting a nipple shield like I used with Lillian and it has helped a ton. My nipple was able to heal and by week two I would just use the nipple shield for a few minutes to help pull out the nipple then remove it and let her keep nursing. The reason I remove it is so we don't become dependent on it but I also noticed my supply had gotten lower when using it after a few days.
Schedule: The first two weeks of life you are to feed the baby on demand and focus on full feedings and good sleep. So that's what we did and I may not have gotten the best sleep but I got some great snuggles every night!
Pediatrician Appointments: we saw a pediatrician in the hospital but then took Adeline to our pediatrician for her 2 day check up on Tuesday October 13th. They were surprised Adeline had already gained back 7 of the 8 ounces she lost since birth. She was now 8lbs 3oz. Her next appointment was on Monday October 19th. She was up to 8lbs 8oz and 20.5in. The doctor said she looked great and had no concerns.
First Bath: was on October 12th. She actually loves bath time. By the time we got the camera out I think she had gotten cold.
postpartum:
thanks to my doctor I had an easy recovery very different than Lillian's birth. I did take 800 mg of Ibuprofen while in the hospital but only had to take it twice once I was home. I felt great but I had lots of help from my mom and Kevin that week so I was able to rest more. The first day my mom wasn't here I must have over done it because I started to feel more sore again. Thanks to Kevin I took a nap and woke up feeling much better. Word to the wise just because you feel okay doesn't mean you are ready to get back into Mom mode.
We had our first outing (besides Adeline's doctor appointments) with my mom on October 14th and of course we went to Target. We got Lillian some popcorn and her and Adeline both did awesome.
Adeline has also been to church and to my parent's house in Tennessee during her first two weeks.
Here are some more pictures from her first weeks of life.
reading with "Aunt" Erin
sweet smiles even if they are just from gas
Daddy's Girls
too soon for tummy time?
Big Sister:
Lillian has done awesome as a big sister! She loves to help give Adeline her paci and help her burp by patting her back. She also loves to hold her and give her snuggles and kisses and for the most part she is very good at being gentle with Adeline.
No comments:
Post a Comment