Monday, November 30, 2015

Adeline's 6th & 7th Week

6 Weeks old on November 20th! (forgot to take a picture)

Sleep: Adeline is sleeping much better this week. She sleeps great in her swing 1.5-2hrs we are working on getting her used to her crib. I think it's because her swing and even her car seat snuggles around her body and her crib doesn't. Both of her grandparents have cribs at their houses so when we go to visit they have a great place to sleep so that's really the only reason we feel necessary to get her use to the crib. I had a hard time figuring out how long to keep her awake after she eats since she eats so fast. I've determined between 45 min and 1 hour seems to work best. 

Nursing: Baby girl is a FAST nurser. She averages around 10-12 minutes total nursing. That is actual sucking and swallowing time and doesn't include burping. I worried at first that she wasn't getting enough but she sleeps great and plenty of dirty diapers. I weighed her in my arms this week and she was about 10.2 lbs. 

Adeline has really started responding to us talking to her. She looks right into your eyes and smiles and has started cooing. We got lots of smiles this week. She is just like her mommy and is happiest after she eats.

Her baby acne is really clearing up now.


Big sister still loves to snuggle with baby sister


Went to Nashville again this week and saw baby Kate


and Aunt Nina. I give up on getting Lillian to look at the camera these days.




7 Weeks Old on November 27th. 
She is all smiles when she is awake except when I'm actually trying to get her to smile for a picture. 

Sleep:
We were out of town for thanksgiving so sleeping was hard for Adeline. Kevin's brother had a spare swing luckily so Adeline slept in that but it was one of those mamaroo things. It doesn't lean back far enough to just lay Adeline in without having to buckle her but when she is swaddled its hard to put the straps between her legs. The first two nights were tough on her but she eventually got use to it and she actually slept 7 hours straight for the first time!! I was so thankful I went to bed early that night because I got about 7 hours straight of sleep too! Still not the best napper. She will go down fine and sleep for around 45 minutes straight then wake up and have a hard time falling back asleep. She was held a lot this weekend so she slept great for naps in everyone's arms. She never seems to fuss when she is awake unless its close to eating or she needs her diaper changed so I just remind myself that she may not need as much sleep like Lillian did. 

Schedule: Half way through the week we switched to a 3.5 hr schedule. I have liked this schedule the best so far.
 Its looks something like this:
7am wake up for the day and eat (she seems to wake between 6:45-7:15)
8am down for nap
10:30 eat
11:30am down for nap
2:00pm eat
3:00pm down for nap
5:30pm eat
6:30pm down for nap
9pm eat and straight to bed
(She will wake for a motn feeding around 3ish)

Eating:
She still eats great and super fast. 4-5 minutes each side. She is still a "happy spitter" but not all the time. 

Since I am always so late on posting I can never remember what we did that week so i usually just go by the pictures on my phone. Here are a couple I took during Adeline's 7th week. 
family playtime




We had some decent weather one day so we got outside for Lillian to kick the soccer ball around and I held Adeline in the Ergo carrier. I'm finally getting the hang of getting her strapped in it correctly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment