Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Baby #2: Pregnancy Week 40



Technically I will be 40 weeks tomorrow but I had my last doctor's appointment today so figured I would go ahead and update where we are.

Baby Growth:
No Clue what a Jack Fruit is but it sure doesn't look very big in this picture. I'd say I'm still more like a watermelon!
  • She's continuing to grow hair and nails.
  • And she's keeping up that lung development, too
Movement:
I Still feel her move just as much as before. The movements aren't as intense probably because she is running out of room. If I start to worry about not feeling her in awhile I just eat something and she goes crazy!

Symptoms: 
heartburn, trouble sleeping, and being uncomfortable. I do occasionally feel a couple cramps but since I still haven't made much progress they are probably just small contractions or cramps from being too busy. 

DR. Appt: My doctor is out of the office the remainder of the week so my appointment was today instead of Thursday. Baby's heartbeat was strong at 136 bpm and unfortunately I had not progressed at all. Despite all the things we have tried to get her to come on her own. I have been 1 cm and 50% effaced since week 36. My doctor said I must have a comfy womb that my girls just don't want to come out. Kevin came with me to this appointment to discuss with the doctor our options. We have thought and prayed a lot about what we do as far as wait or be induced. Neither one of us wanted to have me induced. We waited with Lillian until 11 days post due date and finally went in to get induced to avoid risk of a still birth. I have really just not wanted to wait 11+ days again and I discussed my concerns with the doctor. He is so great at addressing things medically and not pushing for or against anything. He leaves it up to me and makes sure I had all the correct information as far as each  option. Our main concern with inducing was my body must not be ready yet so why force it. It will only cause a longer harder labor. Dr. mentioned that could generally be true with the first baby. the second "generally" comes faster since your body has already experienced labor and has an idea of what to do. He said if we waited she would just continue growing which meant a bigger baby to push out. He said that could be why I pushed for an hour and 46 min. with Lillian. Most (he used the term loosely) women push an average of 45. So my concern of it being a harder labor inducing was not as high because now there was another reason behind it could be hard/long (Lillian did come out at 8lbs 9 oz.) Dr didn't think Adeline was that big yet but felt like she was in the upper 7lbs - 8lbs range. Unless she decides to make her debut between now and then we decided to go ahead and go into the hospital Thursday night to start the cytotec pill (same thing i took with lillian that casued my water to break on it's own) to ripen the cervix and hope we have a baby by Friday afternoon. 

Car seat is in the car. diaper bag and mommy's bag are a go. groceries have been purchased. nursery is set. Ready to meet our girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment