Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Adeline's Birth and Hospital Stay

I went to my last doctor's appointment on Tuesday October 5th. I was still only 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. After much discussion with the doctor and Kevin we decided we would go to the hospital Thursday night to begin the cytotec pill to get this baby moving.

We got to the hospital right at 10 pm and they got us right in a Labor and Delivery room where I was hooked up to two monitors, one for my contractions and one for the baby's heart rate. After about an hour of being monitored while they got me checked in they noticed that I was having contractions (I still didn't feel anything) and that Adeline's heart rate would drop after the occasional contraction. This was a small concern because if they started the cytotec pill my contractions would come irregular and may not give Adeline a chance to get her heart rate back up before the next contraction. They called my doctor and he said to go ahead and start pitocin. I was hoping I wasn't going to have to have pitocin and that my body would do its thing with just the cytotec but for the safety of the baby I trusted him and glad I did. Pitocin was started at about Midnight. I could definitely feel the contractions but tried to breathe through it. We did not take any birthing classes so I was not ready to birth a baby naturally. I ended up asking for the epidural around 2 am hoping I could get some sleep. I was only 4 cm dilated at this point. I never could fall asleep and around 4 am I could feel the pressure to push. The nurse went ahead and checked me and sure enough I was 10 cm dilated ready to go. I woke Kevin up and he called my mom (who was staying at our house) and told her it was go time. I started pushing around 4:20am. My mom and sister made it about 10 minutes before Adeline came and were able to watch in the delivery room. Kevin was tweeting up to this point that's how I know around the time frame everything went down.

At 4:53am We welcomed the most beautiful second baby girl into this world. The delivery was a lot quicker than Lillian and my amazing doctor made sure I didn't tear to where I needed stitched. I realize I didn't go into a lot of detail because all i really care about is posting pictures and we took A LOT! :)
Had to wear an oxygen mask most of the labor due to Adeline's heart rate dropping

I finally understood and could read this machine and unfortunately could tell when another contraction was coming without looking at the machine

one last contraction before the epidural

my awesome L&D nurses. I was blessed with great nurses for both of my deliveries. Liz and Lolita were informative, caring, honest, helpful, and fun. And you can't tell by looking at her but Lolita (on the right) actually has 3 kids in their late 20's. That Mama looks good!

Daddy cutting the cord!

I was so happy Adeline came out breathing well because it meant I got to hold her immediately.

We are in love!


Weighing in at 8lbs 4oz (they rounded up) and 19 1/4 in.  

tiny head

This was my amazing doctor. He always addressed any concern I had and worked so hard to make sure Adeline came safely and took good care of mommy. So very grateful for him. Sunday morning (the day we were getting discharged) he came to check on me one last time and said a prayer over Adeline before he headed to church. 


Proud Daddy

First "bath" in the hospital

Clean baby!




Meeting her big sister for the first time. 

Lillian did so well meeting Adeline. I think we did a good job prepping her through out the pregnancy or Lillian is just naturally an awesome big sister. ;) 




Proud Papa

Proud Nana

Proud Aunt Nina with her 3rd niece

I hope she got Lillian and Daddy's gorgeous lips.

Daddy changed all of her diapers in the hospital. 

Proud cousin Amy



More awesome Proud grandparents, Nena and Poppa






Check out those long fingers


If you haven't already seen this picture, this Eric Carle caterpillar pod was knitted by Adeline's Nena!


We had quite a few visitors in the hospital and tried to get a pictures of everyone with Adeline.

These are my best friend's parents. The came to give Adeline snuggles since "Aunt" Kinsey couldn't be there. 

Mrs. Amanda ( our sweet friend and one of my go to mommy of multiples)


Uncle Alan (Kevin's Uncle) happened to be in Tennessee for work so he drove the extra few hours to meet his great-niece

Mrs. Jessica (Another sweet Mommy friend who has a heart of gold!)

Finally getting to leave this joint!



Ready to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment