Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Moving Day

We closed on our new home on Wednesday May 27th. YAY!
The whole building and buying a house process overall went very smoothly. We did have a few hiccups along the way. The major hiccup was our money we transferred from our savings to checking account for our down payment didn't go through in time for closing due to the Memorial holiday. Everything worked out in the end but note to future self when transferring a large sum of money give yourself at least one full business week before money is needed. Our mortgage company Interlinc Mortgage and closing attorney were great in getting us closed as scheduled.

We were very pleased with our builder Signature Homes as well. We actually gave a video testimonial about our building process and overall thoughts about signature you can view on their Facebook page here. (Side note I noticed in the video I blink a lot. And Kevin talked majority of the time because I was too nervous.) We already new lots of our neighbors before moving in thanks to the BBQs and meet greets put on by Signature Homes. Our walk through went well and we haven't had any issues yet and our building team even gave us a Moving Day survival kit full of snacks, tools, cleaning supplies, and necessities that were otherwise packed away.


They also had a small gift for Lillian on our closing day with a necklace and bracelet, snacks, and a Moving Day berenstain bear book and I'm the Big Sister book. I mean how sweet was that and who thinks of that stuff. 

Wednesday-Friday Kevin and I started hauling car loads of our stuff over to the new house and the movers came Saturday morning for the big stuff. I wanted to save money and move everything ourselves with friends and family but when you have LARGE MARGE furniture like we do moving into a two story house paying a few movers is worth it. Especially since I couldn't really help with the move again being 5 months pregnant. We used a local company called This Side Up. The owner is a friend Kevin plays ultimate frisbee with. We were provided four men and a truck and paid them hourly. Since we also had a few friends and family help us we let the movers worry with the heavy things and ended up not having to pay for as many hours as initially estimated. I forgot to take many pictures. My job was to stand at the door of the new house and direct people to the proper room each furniture piece or box went to.
My AWESOME SAUCE mom and sister pretty much unpacked my whole kitchen

The movers trying to get our very large  base up the stairs. Unfortunately once it was upstairs we realized the hallway was to small to maneuver it into our bonus room so sadly it has to be rebuilt or replaced.  

our non-paid help relaxing after unloading a moving truck, and 3 other vehicles.

The only other picture I took was our new refrigerator that was delivered that morning as well. We are very happy with this purchase so far. We purchased this Samsung model from HH Gregg and got a great deal. We have always bought our appliances from HH Gregg because they always seem to have the best deal.

We are so thankful to our friends and family who gave up their Saturday morning to help us move. And thankful to the wives who spared their husbands on a weekend to help us while you stayed home another day by yourselves with your kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment