Thursday, June 25, 2015

Baby#2: Pregnancy Week 24 & 25

Sorry no bump pictures two weeks in a row. Maybe tomorrow I'll remember to take one and post it back here.

24 weeks:

Baby Growth: 
  • Her see-through skin is gradually becoming more opaque.
  • And it's got a new pink glow, thanks to the small capillaries that have recently formed.

Symptoms:
-Had a pregnancy hormone breakdown on Tuesday. I think I was just tired and felt like we had too much going on at once.
-I also have a lot of pressure "down there" when I go pee. I asked the doctor about it and he said its normal. It is hard to know what is normal even though this is the second time around because this pregnancy has been so different. Many more symptoms. It hasn't been a hard pregnancy but it was much easier with Lillian at least what I can remember. Maybe I just blocked it all out.
- Leg cramps. this generally has only been happening at night if I wake up and stretch my leg out it crams up. I read its a sign of dehydration so more water it is because those suckers hurt at 2am!

Doctor Appointment: went for a regularly scheduled doctor appointment today. No concerns, blood pressure was good K2's heart rate was 152. Next appointment will be in 4 weeks and that is when I do my glucose test and another ultrasound to check on the placenta. The nurse I had today is the doctor's daughter and she had no issues finding the baby's heartbeat which was nice for once.

Movement: She still moves often but not a crazy amount which is good. Lillian likes to put her hand on my belly and say baby and the other night K2 moved while Lillian's hand was there. I think she felt it because she pulled her hand away but she had know idea what it was.

25 Weeks:
Baby Growth:
  • She's enjoying her new sense of equilibrium — she now knows which way is up and which is down.
  • She's growing more fat and more hair too!
Symptoms:
- overall uncomfortable but no other symptoms this week

Movement: 
Feeling lots of movement this week especially in the morning when I first wake up and at night going to sleep. 

Weight Gain:
up about 20 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight and I'm claiming at least 2lbs of it are actually K2.

Moments of the week:
- We got to celebrate a great Daddy this last weekend. I plan on doing a separate post for our fun times but haven't gotten to it yet. 
- we also finished redoing an old dresser of Granny's for the nursery. I didn't have a dresser with Lillian just a changing table and I got tired of her clothes just in baskets so now this dresser will be for clothes and K2's changing table. Still need to find new hardware but glad it is done.
- Lillian gave me a heart attack this week. When she was about 6 months old she dove off our bed head first and got a nasty goose egg. Scared me to death but really no big deal. Well this week she was trying to climb up on a bar-stool and fell backwards normally no big thing because she catches herself but she had moved her step-stool behind it and ended up hitting her head on the stool. I went to console her noticed her shirt had blood dripping down it. That's when I got worried. Luckily her cut wasn't big and she had another goose egg but I just couldn't get it to stop bleeding. Luckily Kevin called and was on his way home so he talked her and got her calm. We finally got it to stop bleeding and gave lots of snuggles until bed time. This was the best we could do as a band-aid 

No comments:

Post a Comment