Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Lillian's Nursery

I realized I never posted pictures of Lillian's Nursery. Not that y'all necessarily care, most nursery's are all the same. A crib, changing table, diaper bin, etc.. but so we can remember all the hard work Daddy did I will post these pictures.

We have been renting a house since we moved to Huntsville and all the walls are the same color. They are a bluish grey. I love the color but I wanted her nursery to be very simple and neutral. You can see the old color in this picture of Kevin and Poppa putting the crib together. Kevin ended up painting it a light khaki cream color and did it all in one night.You can also see her changing table that use to be brown and we painted it to match the crib. Kevin's Mom actually got the changing table at a garage sale really cheap.

He also replaced the ceiling fan because he said it "made too much noise" and bought some fake Lillies for her (He spoiled her before she even arrived).

The pillow my best friend Kinsey got for Lillian. Perfectly matches the color scheme 

Like I said its pretty simple. There is nothing on the walls because we didn't want a lot of holes in the walls.


And of course every child needs a piggy bank. I had been saving all my change since I got pregnant and deposited it in her piggy bank.

I originally started this post back in July and forgot to post it. She now has a swing in one corner of her room, a recliner in the other. And I recently found this gem that is going to hang over her crib once we figure out the best way to hang it. 


And the most recent addition that's not necessarily pretty but very handy is our shelf above the changing table. Lillian kept kicking the wipes off the table so we put this shelf up.


Like I said it is very neutral with touches of pink, which I actually didn't want any pink to begin with but Kevin convinced me and I love it. Many late nights early mornings were spent in this room.

No comments:

Post a Comment