Friday, May 22, 2015

Baby #2: Pregnancy Week 20

Forgot to take a picture this week...

Baby Growth:







  • Baby's got working taste buds.
  • Now gulping down several ounces of amniotic fluid each day — that's significantly more than before.


  • Weight Gain: oops...forgot again

    Movement:
    I have been feeling this baby move but hasn't felt very often until yesterday. I was laying down and all of the sudden baby kicked me twice. I thought he/she was going to bust out of my belly button. 

    Gender: 
    We found out on Tuesday if Lillian will have a baby brother or baby sister but you'll have to wait until later tonight after our gender reveal party!!! 

    Doctor Appointment: 
    I didn't have a regular appointment this week but I did have my anatomy ultrasound. With Lillian our ultrasound tech checked gender first thing. This time around the tech took ALL the other meausrements first. She finally got a view of the gender and asked if we could tell and I guessed it correctly. After that ultrasound she had to do a transvaginal ultrasound as well to measure the cervix. I didn't have to do this with Lillian so I could sense that there was a reason for this. She said everything looks fine however the placenta is covering the cervix, this is called placenta previa. She did a great job explaining it to us without causing us to think there was anything to worry about. I forgot what all she said so this is what I found on babycenter.com:

    If you have placenta previa, it means that your placenta is lying unusually low in your uterus, next to or covering your cervix. The placenta is the pancake-shaped organ – normally located near the top of the uterus – that supplies your baby with nutrients through the umbilical cord.
    If you're found to have placenta previa early in pregnancy, it's not usually considered a problem. But if the placenta is still close to the cervix later in pregnancy, it can cause bleeding, which can lead to other complications and may mean that you'll need to deliver early. If you have placenta previa when it's time to deliver your baby, you'll need to have a cesarean section.
    If the placenta covers the cervix completely, it's called a complete or total previa. If it's right on the border of the cervix, it's called a marginal previa. (You may also hear the term "partial previa," which refers to a placenta that covers part of the cervical opening once the cervix starts to dilate.) If the edge of the placenta is within two centimeters of the cervix but not bordering it, it's called a low-lying placenta.
    The location of your placenta will be checked during your mid-pregnancyultrasound exam (usually done between 16 to 20 weeks) and again later if necessary.
     I don't remember if she said it was marginal or complete but 80% of the time it moves so we will have another ultrasound around my 28 week appointment. I'd rather not have to have a c-section (c-section is necessary otherwise your placenta could try and "birth" first and cause you to hemorrhage) but I'm at peace however this turns out. 

    Maternity clothes:
    I have nothing to wear...  Plenty of things fit but are not cute. :(

    Moment of the week: 
    Lots of things happening this week but finding out gender was obviously the best! My sister in law Jill came down for two days and helped me pack up a bunch of things and Lillian enjoyed having someone new to play with and give her attention. Yesterday we also did the walk through on our house. It is done and we can't wait to close on it next Wednesday and move in that weekend! I have never been so excited about moving and unpacking. Ive also spent a lot of time on pinterest this week looking for new ideas for the house and Lillian's big girl room and the new nursery! 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment