Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Lillian's 52nd Week

Hard to believe my baby girl will be 1 year old tomorrow! I do miss the snuggly non-squirmy newborn sometimes but seeing Lillian's personality, hearing her giggle and say "Momma and Dada" totally makes me love every new moment with her.

I realize I cut off her head in this next picture but it was too funny not to post. I kept saying "cheese" to get her to smile and she just stared at me so I said "smile" and this is what she gave me. lol. 

Then she got tired of taking pictures and knew I'd quit if she took off her bow. 



Sleep: Lillian slept well this week. I still don't think the time change affected her but she did wake up between 6:15 and 6:30am most mornings instead of the 7:15 time she had been waking up.Her naps were also shorter this week. One nap would be between 40 minutes and an hour and the other between an hour and a half to two hours.

Eating: Lillian didn't seem to eat as much this week. that may have been why she woke up early most mornings but she just refused to eat and i'm not going to force my child to eat. I'm not sure what her norm is the hollow leg weeks or weeks last this week but either way she eats pretty healthy compared to me so I just pray she continues to not be picky.

Other Happenings:
- Lillian started throwing fits this week. They weren't terrible but definitely different than her norm. It was usually if she was hungry, if I tried to make her do something, or if I was changing her diaper. Girl does not like lying down on the changing table. You would think she'd be happy to get those stinky diapers off. Her fits would consist of her throwing her hand down or going limp if I was holding her and then she'd let out a fuss.
- She started pointing to things she wants this week. While eating I keep her cup off to the side and between bites she will point for her milk. Another time Kevin was holding her and she pointed to the window so she could see outside. I like that she points so I know what she wants as long as she doesn't become demanding.We started working on signing please this week. Its a hard one so I'm not sure if it'll stick but hopefully she'll grasp the meaning every time I say it when she wants something.
- We celebrated Lillian's 1st birthday this last weekend.
- I did stick Lillian on the potty three times this week before her bath. 2 of the 3 times she actually went pee. I'm not trying to potty train her but it does help her get use to the idea. She is a little scared sitting up there because she isn't sturdy but I always let her know I'm holding her.
- Every morning I bring Lillian into my bed to nurse because its warm and when she is done she can't sit still but you can tell she is still just waking up because she will randomly lay her head down for 5 seconds then be up and moving again. I caught a rare moment of her so still.

No comments:

Post a Comment