Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Lillian's Week 9

People kept telling me how much Lillian has grown but I hadn't noticed it until this last week. I look at pictures of my friends babies and realize my baby girl no longer has that infant baby face.
9 weeks old

Nursing: Similar to last week we have officially weaned off of the nipple shield or any other nursing aids. It definitely hurt me more until I got use to it but it has made things so much easier not having to worry about washing the shield every time and making sure to have it with me. The only negative thing about not having the nipple shield is my milk comes out faster so she will occasionally get choked up. There is a good thing about that though, Lillian is down to nursing between 16-20 minutes. Her legs are getting chubby rolls so we know she is getting plenty to eat. She still spits up quite a bit.

Schedule: I tried to change up her schedule to get her to sleep longer at night but then decided I just needed to stick to one thing. I kept it very similar to last weeks. She sleeps pretty well for 3 1/3 hours and I liked starting her day at 7am so we started from there. 7am, 10:30am, 2:00pm, 5:00pm, 8pm, and 10pm. I didn't like waking her to feed at 10pm because she would wake up at 5am which was too close to her 7am feeding. I dropped the 10pm feeding for now so her last feeding is between 8 and 8:30pm. She does wake up about 7 hours later between 3 and 3:30ish. I don't mind waking up at this time because it gives me time to fall back asleep and also express some milk to help with engorgement. After another week or two maybe we can eliminate that 3am feeding.

Sleep: As for falling asleep she is a pro. She has an awake time of around an hour from when she first starts feeding. I keep an eye out for tired cues she usually yawns a lot so that's when I'll put her down. She will go down fine but then fuss after about 2 minutes sometimes so i go in and put her paci in and she doesn't make another peep until its time to eat again. That's how i know her schedule is working. 

Other Happenings:
-Lillian is even more talkative. We have full conversations of babble.
-She is such a good baby. She hardly ever cries. Only occasionally when she first wakes up to eat or if she needs to burp.
-Lillian's hair has started to fall out. You can see how she is balding on the sides here but she still has her "toupee" as I like to call it.


-Nana and Poppa came to visit again.

Kisses from Nana


And secrets from Poppa


More pictures




She loves baths still and snuggling in her towel

1 comment:

  1. she is SO cute!!!!! so glad it's all going so well!!! Hello bald patches...I would always carry britt facing "out" so people would see her face rather than be welcomed by the patchy hair hahaa ;)

    ReplyDelete