Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hospital Bag

First off, I realize I may be a little premature in thinking about this but i like to be organized and maybe there is a small hope she will come just a few weeks early. Hopefully not for at least 5 more weeks though. Secondly, obviously i have no prior experience in what needs to be included in a hospital bag for birth but I have done my research and this is what I have found. Granted my research was done on Pinterest, so any advice is welcomed.


For Mom:
Apparel:
Comfy Robe
Nursing bra/Cami
flip flops for the shower
slippers or socks if i have to walk around the nasty hospital floors
granny panties ( i read hospitals give mesh ones but who knows if my hospital is the same)

Toiletries:
soap/shampoo
toothbrush/paste
pads

Misc:
nursing cream/pads
chapstick
pony tail holder (although i always have one on my wrist)
Boppy pillow
my pillow
Water bottle
Camera
Ipad
chargers for above mentioned
Insurance card
ID

For Lillian:
Coming home outfit
2 sleepers
mittens
hat
swaddle blankets
burp cloth
baby book (if i ever go get one)

For Dad:
Ha! he is on his OWN!

Car seat will already be in the car so we won't have to worry about that. And luckily we are maybe 10 minutes from the hospital so if we need anything or have to stay long than expected Kevin can always run home for something.
Again, for those "been there done that" mommies out there let me know if I am forgetting anything or if I am wasting valuable space with any of these items.

No comments:

Post a Comment