Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2013 new beginnings!

2013 is a year of blessings and new beginnings for our little family. I am not a fan of change usually but I am very excited about all the changes happening this year. We will be welcoming our first baby, Kevin starts his new career, I will become a stay at home mom and we are moving to Huntsville Alabama. Never would I have thought we would move to Alabama but after visiting just twice I am excited.


With the help of our amazing friends/church family This last week/weekend Kevin loaded up our entire house into a 26 ft uhaul truck.


I Still have no idea how it all fit but I know it was all because of the help we had to get it packed. I think they had the whole truck loaded within 4 hrs. Kevin and my dad left on Thursday morning to head out of GA and to our new rental home in Huntsville. Kevin had hired 2men through a service with Uhaul to help him unload when he got there bc we didn't know of we would have anyone to help there and we have big furniture. Luckily one of our friends from church has a cousin that lives in Huntsville and they offered to help get some people from their church to help. Such amazing thing to be part of the church and the willingness of fellow Christians. They had a few guys, one being the preacher, come and help Kevin unload the truck and got it done again in like 4 hrs. The women also brought us some dinner, water, snacks, and yummy cookies. We are so thankful for their help and so glad to have met them. Friday morning my mom and I drove to Huntsville to unpack everything. It only took us about 3hrs 45min. so its a nice quick easy ride. We didn't have very much to unpack except the kitchen. I didn't realize how much stuff I have and I'm not even a big cooker or baker. I was very thankful to have my mom and dad there to help. They were a little tired Saturday...

We didn't have anything to do Saturday so naturally mom and I went shopping! I bought my first thing for the nursery, a rug, it's soft and nice bc the house we are renting is all hardwoods except one room. With all of our stuff moved in I told Kevin it already feels like home and I hate that I had to leave. I am staying in Georgia with my parents until after Lillian is born. This way I won't be somewhere new and new doctors and get to introduce Lillian to all the family and friends that already love her here. I've already realized how hard it is without Kevin but I am continuing to work to bring in a littl extra cash and know it will be worth it when I get to stay home with her instead of working.

 We ended up visiting Chase Park Church of Christ www.cpcofc.org on Sunday and so happy we did. This is the church that our new friends/moving helpers attend. EVERYONE was so friendly and we met so many people. We tried one other church there too last time I visited and loved it too. We thought for sure that is where we would end up going but felt like we could do more at chase park since it is quite a bit smaller. We love our young couples class at our church here in Ga and are sad and will really miss them when we leave. Hopefully i can find some crafty girls in AL to have a GNO with, if not i'll just come back to GA each month. :)

Kevin actually started his new job yesterday. He is working for a company called Northrop Grumman and after his first day he loves it. I was so happy to hear he loves it. Having a job you love makes it so much easier to wake up and know you will enjoy the day.

1 comment:

  1. This was a busy day for you. And to think that 2013 just started then. But even if this was a tiring day, it still ended well - from packing to delivering it to your new house. It’s also an advantage that your husband hired an extra hand to help you transfer all of your boxes and furniture inside the truck. Hopefully you still had a good time even with unpacking.

    Clay @ WorldPackagingCo.com

    ReplyDelete