Adeline turned 4 months old on Tuesday February 9th!
Sleep: I stopped doing weekly post and decided to stick with just monthly. Adeline is the easiest baby to put down to sleep. All I have to do is get her swaddled and put her paci in and leave the room and she falls asleep. She is still sleeping in her swing because she still wakes up after 45 minutes and can't put her self back to sleep. We don't have to turn the swing on so I think she just sleeps better in the swing position versus laying flat on her back. She started her 4th developmental leap this month and she would be great for two weeks and then sleep awful for a few days. A couple nights she would wake up every hour or so, that was rough. She still wakes once a night to eat usually around 3-4am. If she does wake up I just put her paci in and hope she doesn't wake up again. Lillian was sleeping through the night by about 16 weeks. Adeline is 18 weeks now and still waking to eat. The only reason I can conclude is she doesn't eat enough during the day.
Nursing: Adeline nurses every 3.5 hours. We have tried going to 3 hours and even up to four to see if that helps her sleep through the night but neither worked. Adeline nurses for about 3-4 minutes on each side. I can't measure how much she actually eats when she is nursing but I can pump for 10 minutes and get about 4 ounces out of each side so I would assume since she nurses for a total of around 8-10 minutes she probably gets about 2 ounces out of each side. When she gets a bottle she only drinks about 4 ounces as well. Lillian was drinking at least 5 ounces each feeding by this point. I'm not trying to compare them but I feel like if Adeline would nurse a little longer and get full feedings she would sleep through the night.
-Adeline rolled from her tummy to her back on January 29th but hasn't done it since. She use to not mind tummy time and now she only lasts about 4 minutes and she spits up if I leave her longer.
-Adeline loves playing with the toys that hang above her. She has a strong grip now too. She loves to grab a hold of my hair.
- We went to Shakalaka this month, it a great place for lillian to burn energy and at certain times kids two and under get in free. I took Adeline with me this last time and she enjoyed it too. More so than being in her baby carrier.
Nursing: Adeline nurses every 3.5 hours. We have tried going to 3 hours and even up to four to see if that helps her sleep through the night but neither worked. Adeline nurses for about 3-4 minutes on each side. I can't measure how much she actually eats when she is nursing but I can pump for 10 minutes and get about 4 ounces out of each side so I would assume since she nurses for a total of around 8-10 minutes she probably gets about 2 ounces out of each side. When she gets a bottle she only drinks about 4 ounces as well. Lillian was drinking at least 5 ounces each feeding by this point. I'm not trying to compare them but I feel like if Adeline would nurse a little longer and get full feedings she would sleep through the night.
-Adeline rolled from her tummy to her back on January 29th but hasn't done it since. She use to not mind tummy time and now she only lasts about 4 minutes and she spits up if I leave her longer.
-Adeline loves playing with the toys that hang above her. She has a strong grip now too. She loves to grab a hold of my hair.
- We went to Shakalaka this month, it a great place for lillian to burn energy and at certain times kids two and under get in free. I took Adeline with me this last time and she enjoyed it too. More so than being in her baby carrier.
-She can hold her own bottle. She gave me a scare this month when a couple times she wouldn't take a bottle of frozen pumped milk. I was worried about excessive lipase in the milk which makes the milk taste bad after a certain amount of time. In order to keep the milk good you have to scald it before freezing. I was not looking forward to having to do that every time I pumped. I tested out a few other theories, different bottles/nipples, and gave her milk freshly pumped versus frozen. Turns out she only likes the medela nipple that is a slow flow and every time Kevin or I tried to give her a bottle we used the medium flow nipple so it was coming out too fast. She also will only drink the milk if it's hot.
-She loves her big sister, always smiles when Lillian gets close or talks.
- Her 4 month doctor visit isn't until next week but girl is definitely a healthy eater. I love her chunky legs and yummy cheeks. I'd say she is probably about 14lbs.
More sweet pictures of my girl this month.
Sweet Sisters.
I love this girl so much. I get giddy just holding her and her smile is contagious. My favorite thing about her right now is that beautiful bald head. It is so soft and warm when I hold it against my face.
No comments:
Post a Comment