12 weeks old
13 weeks old
Sleep:
Adeline slept in her crib for the first half of a few naps. This was the first time in her crib in probably two months at least. She still just sleeps the best in her swing. She goes down for naps and bed so easily but has been waking up after 45-60 min after going down. She will usually fall back asleep on her own but most times I have to go put her paci back in and some days she will be up for 45 min before falling back asleep. A few times I would just hold her so she would get the sleep she needed and they were some sweet snuggles. I need to get my babywise book back out but I think waking like that means I need to keep her awake a little bit longer so we may be trying that this week. She is still waking once in the night to eat. I've tried making her last feeding of the night earlier but that hasn't really helped. A few nights she would make it 8 hours but nothing consistent.
Eating: Not much has changed here. She does not take a bottle very well from me. Ive fed her a bottle three times and every time she only drinks about 2 ounces. She just plays with the nipple instead of actually latching. Kevin has given her bottles multiple times and says she'll drink it all. I guess she can just sense there is a better nipple to eat from. wink wink :) She is a fast eater. Not spitting up obscene amounts although she did spit up once while she was in her bouncy seat and she didn't get it on her at all.
-She doesn't cry for no reason but man she will let you know if she is hungry, sleepy, or needs a diaper change. It's like it just hits her and there is no calming her until you do what she wants. lol.
-We took her infant sling out of her bath tub this week. She was way too big for it anyways and the poor kid only gets a bath like 2 times a week. I had Adeline's tub in the shower and Lillian was taking a bath in our tub so I could watch them both. It'll be nice when they can bathe together or better yet stick them both in the shower with Daddy.
Above is a picture of Lillian at 14 weeks for comparison.
Check out those arms! Lillian was a big baby too but I don't think she really ever had the chunky rolls. She was longer so the fat had more room to spread out. I've weighed her a few times at home in my arms and I would say she is around the 14 lb mark right now.
-Adeline got this toy for Christmas so we have been using it to keep her distracted during tummy time.
Lillian also loves to entertain during tummy time.
She is all about her new found discovery of her fingers. Apparently they are way yummier to nibble on than her paci. I also think there may be a little teeth movement in there lately because she will go to town on her fingers/teething toys and has been drooling like crazy. Lillian didn't get any teeth until 8 or 9 months so I don't expect to see anything popping through anytime soon.
- Adeline moved up to size 2 diapers and is in 3-6 months clothes. 3 month onesies are too small but the pants and arms of 6 month clothes are too long.

No comments:
Post a Comment