Thursday, September 24, 2015

Baby #2: Pregnancy Week 38



Baby Growth:

I'm growing my own pumpkin for Halloween and she is going to have the cutest face!

  • She may have about an inch or so of hair already. Hopefully!
  • She's slowly shedding that white goo on her skin (called vernix caseosa) but you might see some of it at birth.
Symptoms: Other than being uncomfortable and SUPER tired I haven't really had any other symptoms although contractions would be nice (only because that would mean something is happening) I have noticed my feet and hands get swollen more often now when I've been standing too long or get really hot. Also I'll occasionally feel a pain on my left side of my lower back/booty, i assume she is just siting on a nerve.

Movement: still moving quite a bit even though I feel like there can't be anymore room in there. I can feel the heel of her foot poking out of my side every so often.


Dr. Appt: Last Thursday I had my 37 week check-up. I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Good news because I was never effaced with Lillian until after 40 weeks. Today I had my 38 week appointment and no change in dilation but he did say she had dropped which is progress. I can't really tell by looking at my belly that she dropped but I can breathe a little easier. So not much has changed and I know I could still be 1 cm up to 41 weeks like I was with Lillian but I have hope that Adeline will like to make her debut a little sooner. She is just snug as a bug in there for the time being.

Weight Gain: I weigh in the mornings before I eat breakfast and after I pee so I have been hovering around 35lbs. By the time I got to my doctor appointments in the afternoon (after lunch and snacking) it may or may not be 2-3 lbs more than that :)

Moments:
I really thought today might be the day. Not because I felt any contractions but I had a great day playing and laughing with Lillian. She gave me some super great snuggles and I just thought if this is her last day as my only child it was great!


 Tonight I was also surprised by our rockin' awesome neighbors with a small shower for Adeline. I thought it was just a girls night in and was still confused even after I walked through the door and they said surprise. How blessed are we to find this neighborhood and make so many great new friends in the short time we have lived here. I only had one picture from tonight but we played a cute game of Baby Jeopardy. Way better than most typical baby shower games. And surprisingly I didn't win. lol Here was the game board. They got most of the answers from my blog or Kevin.

No comments:

Post a Comment