Thursday, November 6, 2014

League of Shadows Halloween

Here are a couple activities we did for Halloween.

Costume: I had the hardest time deciding what I wanted to dress Lillian up as for Halloween. Pinterest has so many ideas but I wanted her costume to have some sort of significance. Kevin had bought a Bane (villain from Batman; The Dark Knight Rises) mask and was set on wearing that for him so I figured I could dress Lillian up as Batman/Batgirl and have some sort of theme there. I still went back and forth about it but eventually went with it. I had wanted something a little more cuter and sweeter while she is still young but I liked that her and Daddy would go together so I was happy. I ended up making a black tutu out of tulle. You know the one all over pinterest. it was super cheap and easy but it definitely is a wear once or twice then trash thing bc the tulle gets so messed up. I also just cut out a batman symbol from some felt we had and pinned it on to a black shirt she already had. Her mask was from the One Spot at Target but she did not like it sitting on her face. It was a little scratchy so I removed the elastic band and glued the mask to her sunglasses because she loves to wear them, Her costume turned out easy, cute and cheap!

The League of Shadows

Our pumpkins were part of the theme too.

Batgirl and Bane


Trick or Treating- For actual Halloween we went to a friends house and went as a group around their neighborhood. It was SUPER cold and windy so we only made it to about 10 houses but we had fun. We had also done trunk or treating the Sunday before at our church so Lillian walked around to a few of the cars there. The weather was quite different. Luckily Lillian's costume was easy to adjust for the weather changes.


This trunk was TMNT and they served their candy in a pizza box. So creative.



Fun Fest: Our church has a carnival type thing the Sunday before Halloween for the kids. There are tons of games, bounce houses, petting zoo, and trunk or treating. Lillian is almost the right age to really enjoy any of it. There were a few games she played and she loved seeing the animals, She would go right up to the fence to look and pet but as soon as the animal would put its mouth anywhere near her she would run away. She is so curious but still very cautious.





Pumpkin carving: I'm wasn't sure how lillian would like "gutting" the pumpkin. She is not a big thing of dirty hands but she eventualy warmed up and helped. Daddy actually carved everything we just cleaned out the pumpkins. Lillian had a small one she picked out from the Pumpkin Patch at Tate Farms



Daddy threw a ball in the pumpkin and told her to get it out and that got her to finally get her hand in there. 










Over and over she would put it up to her mouth but never try to eat/lick it. She thought it was a game. 


I may have tried to hard to be festive and make Lillian a Halloween lunch with what we had on hand and I don't think she really cared what it looked like as long as she could eat it.





No comments:

Post a Comment