Monday, October 13, 2014

Hog Wild 5K

This weekend my family participated in the Hog Wild 5K in Cadiz, KY to benefit Lillian's cousin Spencer who will be born at the end of the month. Spencer was diagnosed with Spina Bifida and due to some complications they can't perform any test/surgery until he is born. Please continue to pray for baby Spencer.


All the Family ready to run for Spencer. 

This race was not my first 5K. I actually ran cross country and track in high school but I loathed running. So this was my first 5K in about 10 years and Lillian's first 5K. She of course was lucky and rode in the stroller the whole time although she probably would have liked to run it if I wasn't so worried she'd run off course. Anyways we didn't do awesome but I was running with my sister in law the last half of the race and we had a goal to make it in under 45 min. Sure enough we made it in 44.50! Kevin did run back to us once he finished to take the stroller from me but I figured I was almost done so might as well complete it while pushing a 24lb toddler as well! I have been very sore the days that followed but felt very accomplished for completing it.

Finish Line

First (and probably last) family picture at a race. lol


No comments:

Post a Comment