I have been trying to find things for Lillian and I to do at home now that she has dropped her morning nap. She wakes up at 7 am and lunch is generally around 11 am then nap at 12 noon wakes up around 2 then dinner around 5 and bed at 7 pm. So I had to find something to fill our day during her awake time. We usually have a play date once or twice a week or we will go for a walk in the neighborhood or at the park. With the weather getting cooler going outside has been nice but on those rainy days it is hard to not get bored in the house all day. I did a quick search on pinterest to see what activities we could try from home with what we may have laying around the house. I found a pin that led me to this website of a mom who made
home made finger paint. There were tons of different kinds to try out but I went with the one we already had ingredients for.
Ingredients:
1/4 cup of flour
1 cup of water
food coloring
1 tsp dish soap
I heated the flour and water to get it nice and thick then added a drop or two of food coloring. I also added a tsp of dish soap which helps makes it washable. I stored them in baby food jars to use again. Easy Peasy.
Lillian seemed to really like it. Here is a
video of her painting for the first time. She liked squishing it between her fingers more than actually painting. It cleaned up so easily, with just a paper towel and water, off of Lillian and her high chair. It only occupied her for about 20 minutes but it was something different for her to experience and play.
No comments:
Post a Comment