Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Lillian's 15th Month & Well Visit

This is my last monthly update. It is getting harder to remember and keep up. I also feel that I should move my blog to private. I had a friend who recently had to make hers private due to inappropriate comments from strangers. And another friend who has had pictures and her identity stolen from her blog. Thankfully I haven't had any issues but hate to think of strangers reading details of my family and creeping on our pictures. You'll have to send me your gmail address to be added. I'm pretty sure not many people care about our lives but I enjoy writing posts and having it for future reference. Plus it is a lot easier than making a scrapbook. And I promise even if we haven't talked in years I won't think its weird that you read this. lol

Lillian turned 15 months old on June 19th. I waited until now to post because she also had her 15 month well visit today.

Dr. Appt.: Lillian's weight was 23lbs 6 ounces up 3lbs exactly from her 1 year appointment. Her height was 31in. She is in the 75% for height and weight and only 25% for head. I've always wondered how those stats work. According to the CDC growth charts, most 15-month-olds fall between these two numbers (but don’t worry, all kids grow at different speeds):
Weight:
Girls: 19 to 27.5 pounds
Boys: 20.25 to 30 pounds
Height:
Girls: 28.75 to 32.75 inches
Boys: 29 to 33 inches
Head Circumference:
Girls: 17.25 to 18.75 inches (her head was 17.3 I think so even though its 25% there is no concern they said)
Boys: 17.75 to 19.5 inches

She did have two shots today. One was Hep A and I can't remember the other one. She also had a diaper rash come and go for about 3 weeks. This last week was pretty bad and it hurt her when we wiped it so we changed wipes (kroger fragrance free) and it cleared up some before heading to the doctor. She had small bumps on her belly and had been scratching it. The doctor said it had become a light yeast rash so he prescribed us some topical cream to help.

Sleep: Sleeping well still taking two naps a day. Usually the morning nap is 1 hour and afternoon is from 1.5 hrs. to 2 hr 15 min. She sleeps longer in the afternoon if I stay on the opposite side of the house or take a nap. lol Lately and maybe a few times at the beginning of the month she'll wake up about 30 minute early in the morning. Not sure why. Lillian has been peeing through her diaper at night too. I tried cutting back water/milk and hour before bed and bigger diapers. I guess we'll have to try overnight diapers next.

Eating: Same as usually. Eats us out of house and home 5 times a day. Chowing down on a rib and girl loves some corn on the cob now that she has more teeth.
She had her first smoothie this month and loved it.
I put strawberries I've frozen, banana, water, spinach, and broccoli in it. Hers are a lot healthier than mine.

Teething: We finally cut 3 more teeth this month so we are now up to a whopping 6 teeth. lol. We got our  Baltic Amber necklace this month and I feel like it does work. We ordered ours from Inspired by Finn Since she has worn it we haven't had to use the teething tablets at all. She is also less fussy so I'd say it was worth the money.

Other Happenings:
-Lillian chewed her first piece of gum this month. I know it sounds terrible but she was so interested in my gum so I took a little (abc gum) and gave it to her. She did really well and never swallowed it. I think it helped her to learn to chew. Anyways here is a video

-Another Hilarious video if you haven't already seen it. Lillian decided to do some exercising with Momma. She is good at the squats and we are working on her jumps. lol

-
First cookie from Kroger. I made the mistake of going before Lillian had lunch so this cookie kept her happy long enough for me to get what we needed without any meltdowns. 



No comments:

Post a Comment