Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Father's Day

I am very thankful for the father I have. He has always been as a father should be, loving, caring, disciplinary, and Christ like. Sure he is not perfect and has made mistakes but that is what makes him such a wonderful dad.

I am also so very thankful I have Kevin as a husband. He has turned out to be an amazing father to Lillian. I never doubted he would be (he has an awesome father that raised him very well). It is funny how much more you can love someone when you see how sweet and caring he can be to a child. Lillian loves her daddy so much already and I see that special bond forming that I have with my dad.

We spent father's day in Nashville. I had already been up there the latter part of the week and Kevin came up for the weekend and got to hang out with his buddy Jordan. Lillian is totally a daddy's girl right now. As soon as she saw him at my parent's house she literally ran as fast as her little legs could take her. Every time she sees him whether its been all day or just 10 minutes she gets so excited to see him. And she says Dada all the time. It is so sweet I can't be jealous. Anyways I had no idea what to get Kevin as a gift. He is awesome at surprising me with gifts and I am too scared to spend the money on the gifts that interest him. He had mentioned awhile back about some LG Bluetooth headphones. I did my Amazon review research and decided which ones to get him but being the cautious frugal person I am I didn't buy them. Sunday morning Lillian woke us up nice and early and we snuggled in bed then showed Dada a picture on my phone of his gift. I told him I hadn't ordered them just yet in case he wanted a different model or was no longer interested. He seemed excited and ordered them later that day. We went to church then headed out for lunch at El Chicos. El Chicos is our family's FAVORITE Mexican restaurant. I think it's delicious but Kevin isn't as much of a fan so it must be a Heffington thing. The reason we went here was my Dad retired back in December from AT&T and they give him a certain budget to go out to eat as part of a retirement party. Usually it is with co-workers but since he had worked from home since I was in middle school he didn't have co-workers besides us so they said he could take family out. Well the budget for food was a very large amount so we invited one of my dad's brothers and some of his family and my dad's sister and her family. Surprising with 25 of us there we still didn't come close to using the whole budget. We had a fun time hanging with family and celebrating all the dads.

After lunch we headed back home to AL in time to rest before church that night. Kevin had gotten a new stereo so he was working on setting that up and we had an impromptu dance party. You can see a video here of Lillian and Daddy Dancing. Lillian loves music and dancing but unfortunately Dada and Momma are both very "white" when it comes to dancing.

Shout out to all the dads out there. I know you are all trying your hardest and giving everything you've got for your families. Special shout out to my older brother who will be a father in less than 6 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment