Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Lillian's 39th Week/9 Month Dr. Appointment

39 weeks old!

Eating: Trying new things when we can, eating table food, nursing, and a few purees everyday.

Sleeping: Lillian did awesome this week with sleeping at night. She slept through the night every night! She did however wake up most mornings about 6-6:20 am. Most of the time since Daddy was already gone to workout I just put her in the bed with me and she'd sleep for another 30 minutes. I have a feeling though that this coming week will be like the few weeks before because I think she is starting to cut another tooth. She has been drooling more (swallowing it and then spitting it back up) and yesterday and last night her naps and sleep weren't as great. She would wake from her naps fussing pretty badly. It was like a "i'm still tired cry but I'm in pain and can't go back to sleep" cry. So I would move her into her swing and I did give her Tylenol at night and she fell right back asleep.

Doctor Appointment: Today was Lillian's 9 month well visit. We ended up having to wait 45 minutes before we were even called back. That was the first time I have ever had to wait and we found out our poor doctor was having an allergic reaction to something so he was running late this morning. I didn't mind waiting because Kevin was there too but unfortunately because we did have to wait Daddy couldn't stay the whole time and it was quickly getting close to feeding time for Lillian. She had to have blood drawn to check her iron. They pricked her toe and she made a face but didn't even cry while they kept squeezing her toe to get blood. Blood came back great for iron so no worried there. They also did some kind of vision test with this old school looking camera thing. She did have too shots today; flu vaccine and hep B. This was the last thing they did so by this point we were 25 minutes past her eating time. she cried for both shots but luckily I had a small bottle and gave that to her and she was fine while we drove home then I nursed her and she has been great since. Here are her "stats" for this check up.
Weight: 19.2lbs - up 2.3lbs since her 6 month check up.
Height: 28.5in. - up only .7inches since her 6 month. Her carseat height limit is 30in. so I have a feeling we will be starting the new year with a new carseat.
Head: 17in - up from 16.5in.

The doctor said she was almost underweight for her height the last few visits but is starting to average out now. I'm surprised because she has always seemed kind of chunky to me but as long as she is healthy that's all that matters. We came out to the car though to see that a careless driver didn't care to think how poorly they parked may affect others. Luckily I didn't have the carrier with me or I wouldn't have been able to get it in the car. I was able to open the car door just barely enough for me to squeeze through to buckle her in. It was very frustrating.

Other Happenings:
- Lillian had her first babysitters this week that weren't grandparents. Kevin and I had a Christmas party to go to and even though they had babysitters there I figured Lillian would do better being at home. Thankfully my cousins Emily and Amy are always gracious to play with Lillian so it worked out great. Lillian did great until she was eating her bottle and only ate about half and then had a melt down. We think she was just super tired and she doesn't really like other people feeding her. She has even fought daddy on it before. But they said they put her to bed and she fell right to sleep. Always good to come home to a good report. So thankful to have them here willing to babysit. Here are a few pictures from our Christmas party. We did some caroling hence the awesome hats.
The Ladies

and the Fellas

- We had a great week all around and took lots of different pictures. If you haven't already seen them on Facebook enjoy.

such a ham

"Santa Baby"


- We also saw Santa this week and had a fun time at our Christmas playdate where we got to make reindeer cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment