Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Lillian's 37th Week

37 Weeks old today!
It is getting harder to get her smiling while laying down. If I finally get her to smile she moves.


Eating: Doing about the same as far as eating goes. Lillian does get distracted easily and has only nursed on one side a couple of times in the afternoon, not sure if she just isn't as hungry or if she just wants to get moving. She got to try some new things at our thanksgiving dinner. She had sweet potato casserole and seemed to really enjoy it. Neither Kevin nor I like sweet potatoes so I bought some in baby food form to keep her getting to enjoy it. I wouldn't even know the best way to cook it normally. I have gotten better about making sure she is getting more veggies. I don't think she has actually disliked any food we have given her yet but fruit is still a favorite. I do give her yogurt  and was wondering if yogurt generally irritates the stomach. I think it is giving her more gas but I can't figure out if it's the yogurt or something I am eating. So much going on it hard to remember what all she eats when.

Sleeping: This week we were out of town visiting family the whole week so she didn't get the best naps or night time sleep. She was very clingy and fussy the beginning of the week (due to her second tooth coming in) and would wake up a few times at night. A couple times I would feed her or give Tylenol and that helped and by the end of the week she was doing much better and may just wake once before 6:30 am. Since we have been back home she is doing much better. She has still woken up a few nights around 4 am. I put her paci in or move her to her swing and then she goes back to sleep until her normal wake up time. Not sure why she is waking at 4 am but it has become consistent. I cannot complain how easy it still has been with her teething. Yes I have to wake up more but I feel like it is nothing compared to what some parents have to go through. (granted I say all of this now that she is sleeping better, I didn't quite feel the same in the middle of the night :) ) I am working on getting her to sleep in her crib for naps more. She falls asleep great but doesn't seem to sleep as long as if I lay her in the swing. She has too much space to move around in the crib. Her morning nap has always been the longest (2 1/2 hrs typically) but since being in the crib she will wake up after about an hour. Stay awake for 30 min+ or more then go back to sleep for another 1hr+. If she sleeps her normal times she is getting about 14-15 hours of sleep each day. Seems like a lot but she is so happy when she is awake I let her sleep as long as she needs it.

Other Happenings:
- Started pulling up this week and now climbs on everything. Here are a few pictures to capture the moment and a video ignore all the ruckus in the background.


- Lillian gives kisses now! Sometimes on demand. They are the sweetest kisses ever even if they are open mouth. :) 
- She is talking so much again and randomly laughing. She has also started mimicking people when they laugh. 
- She found her teeth with her tongue and makes this face a lot. 
- I am not a dog person. Big ones use to scare me and I think they all smell. lol Kevin's family all has dogs and Lillian was all about them when we went to visit. I'm fine with her playing with them. I'm glad she gets to experience them and not be scared. I just hate when they lick her face. yuck! All of their dogs are well trained and generally sweet with babies. She would crawl towards them and just follow them around the room.
Lillian eyeing Bandit

- Mommy fail for the month: I always seem to forget baby soap when we go out of town so I tried using our shampoo because she really needed a bath. Not even thinking what I was doing I poured water on her head to rinse out the shampoo and poor thing went crazy. I forgot that the shampoo would burn her eyes. I washed it out as quickly as I could and kept using a wet wash cloth even after she was dressed to help with irritation. Her eye was red for a good 30 minutes after. Mommy learned her lesson and luckily Nena had baby shampoo at her house so we just bathed her there.
- This was her thanksgiving outfit. You would think since I have an embroidery machine she would have some cute turkey/Thanksgiving applique shirt but I just didn't find time. She looked so cute in her military jacket and skinny jeans though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment